First Time on RCC, A Couple Questions about Anniv. party and Paradise Beach!

[b][i][font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=purple]Hi, all! I have been reading everyone's posts, and they have been VERY helpful. My husband and I are going on the Rhapsody that leaves out of Galveston August 15th, and we are so excited! This is only my 2nd cruise, but my husband's 4-5. Last year we sailed on the Carnival's Celebration. I have seen several posts about a honeymoon or anniversary party that is thrown (cake and champagne) on the Royal Caribbean ship if you tell your Travel Agent about what you are celebrating. Does this occur on the Rhapsody, and is it a free party, or something you have to pay for? I would like something special and extra without having to pay a whole lot of extra money for decorations, cakes, etc. in those packages they offer, when we could do something better with that $$. Please respond anyone who has information on this, experienced it, or knows someone who has.[/color][/size][/font][/i][/b]
[b][i][font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=purple][/color][/size][/font][/i][/b]
[b][i][font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=purple]ALSO, I have a question about Paradise Beach. What are the reviews on that to anyone who has gone? Last year for Cozumel we took an excursion to Isla De Pasion (Passion Island) and it was BEAUTIFUL--I will never forget it, however, I was disappointment how little time we got to spend on the beach, so this year, we're opting to do our own thing! Has anyone been to both the Paradise Beach and Isla de Pasion? Is Paradise Beach just as beautiful?? [/color][/size][/font][/i][/b]
[b][i][font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=purple]One more question about snorkeling. I've never done that before, so forgive me for not knowing, but at Paradise beach they offer free snorkeling equip. Is this something that is easy to do on your own, near the shore, if you've never done it before? Will someone be there to guide you through it? Please let me know anyone who has done this![/color][/size][/font][/i][/b]
[b][i][font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=purple]Thank you, Be blessed![/color][/size][/font][/i][/b]
[b][i][font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=purple]Wishing you guys all the fun on your next cruise--I'm counting down to mine!![/color][/size][/font][/i][/b]

First of all, congratulations. Our first cruise was our honeymoon and now it is our anniversary event!

yes, tell your TA or the cruise line that it is your honeymoon. They do have a get together with cake and champagne and a nice photo op. It also gives you a chance to meet other honeymooners which can be a lot of fun.

On this board, there is a ports of call area, then look for Cozumel. Lots of informative threads about paradise beach. You can also do an internet search and find its website. It sounds fabulous - we are heading there on our cruise this year.

Finally, snorkeling is really easy and fun. The equipment is just a a face mask with a breathing tube and fins for your feet. If you are a decent swimmer you will be fine. If you are an excellent swimmer, you will really be fine!!

Have fun and post a review for us when you are back.

[font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=purple][i]Thank you for your response! I appreciate it! [/i][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=purple][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=purple][i]One more thing, though, it is not our honeymoon (although we never really had one--took our first exclusive (my husband and I) trip for the first time last year), we are celebrating our anniversary and renewal of vows--does that still count?[/i][/color][/size][/font]

Don't expect much for anniversary. Ships used to give you a complimentary anniversary cake, but I have recently read on these boards that that no longer happens. But who needs it?! You have all the deserts you could want anyway.

We went to Paradise Beach in June and truly loved it! The beach it beautiful, the service is attentive but not overbearing. Plenty of shade and sun.. which ever you want. They have restrooms and showers.... and lots of
water activities.

I went on the Rhapsody in January of this year, and you'll love it!:D The solarium is a great place for couples. Kids are not allowed in the spacious pool or hot tub. And there is a bar and eating area right there by the pool. That was our favorite place on the ship.:)

If you want to know more about Paradise Beach, go to the ports of call section and click on Cozumel. Paradise Tom is an American that lives and works there. He visits the boards often and answers any questions you have. I've learned a lot from him and plan on being in Paradise this October on our next cruise.:D

We honeymooned on a cruise and have taken a cruise every year for our anniversary. We received our room deocorated and had some extra treats like champagne and a small 2 person cake on our honeymoon, that one of our friends ordered ahead of time and arranged and payed for. We did receive another free (exactly the same) cake from RCCL that came because our travel agent entered our booking showing that it was our honeymoon. We get the free cake at dinner now that the waiter brings for our anniversaries. But, I don't think you will get any free champange. I think they only do a honeymoon/anniversary party if they know there are a large amount of people celebrating. I've only seen it once.

Paradise Beach is BEAUTIFUL. We went there in March and had a really nice, long relaxing beach day. Paradise Tom is great (although he's not an American like posted above, he's from Canada and speaks perfect Spanish). Food and service were great and not too pricey. They do offer snorkeling equipment for free but the snorkeling is not good at this beach. You really wont see anything. Snorkeling at Chakkanab is great though and Xul Ha is the BEST!

Good Luck and enjoy everything! Carrie

Archived