Explorer GS #1588

I have just put a hold on Grand Suite 1588 on the Explorer. Can anyone tell me about this suite? Does it have an open balcony? Can we fit a cot in there for a 4th person? Plenty of space for clothes? I would appreciate any feedback on this. Thanks

Cindi, I think the GS is roomy enough for 5, but others might feel differently. There is a large balcony as shown on the deck diagram, and you can get exact dimensions on the RC site.

I found plenty of closet space in the GS on Enchantment. (had OS on Explorer, lots of room there, even with 5)

I like that cabin location because it is more towards midship.

You can fit a cot (rollaway bed) in there if the 3rd and 4th people don't want to share the sofabed, but it will be a bit crowded while the cot is in the room. The steward removes it each morning.

The bathroom is really nice and the concierge is helpful.

ps I had considered getting the OS this summer instead of GS (on Explorer also) but the rep pointed out that the GS had the larger balcony. Plus for the money, I don't think the OS was worth it except for the wow factor, which I am unwilling to pay for.

I think GS is a good choice for space and amenities overall and that is why I chose it again for my next trip over separate cabins.

marci

Thank you so much for your input. I booked the suite this morning and even though it is a long time away, we're really excited. First time in a grand suite. Always just had balcony rooms. I'm sure we'll be spoiled!!! Thanks again.

Archived