Holiday price increase

HOSKI

I've been keeping an eye on our cruise price because we bought it at a bidding sight and just curious to see what happens with it. Well I checked the online agency we used in the past and it cost almost double what we paid. Shortly after I booked it was a good deal more but the price seems to keep rising. I'm wondering if it is because the Holiday is moving out of NOLA shortly after our cruise. Any opinions?

I've been checking prices because I want to sail for New Year's, but the prices for that week keep increasing. I'm going to have to sail Christmas week instead. It's a lot less expensive, and the prices have been decreasing for the Christmas cruise.

:D Hoski, I think a lotta folks read a title and no further.:D

I don't know that it's because the Holiday is leaving N.O. soon. Your cruise is just filling up, and they expect it to sell out pretty soon, more likely; therefore, they know they can sell the cabins at a higher rate. My thoughts, but hey, who knows? I checked on my son's cruise on the Holiday 11/8, and it's completely sold out.

I talked w/my PVP a week ago about my Sensation cruise, having thoughts of changing my category. WOW, I couldn't touch it! Then she told me the rate of the category I booked is now almost $250 more than when I booked! She said people are booking cruises like crazy! She said this is the busiest she's been in several years.

So - unlike my past three cruises, I'm doubtful that I'll get either rate reduction OR shipboard credits this cruise.:rolleyes:

I'm just amazed at the increase in the cost of this cruise as she is on an older ship and not out of FL where most cruises leave from. Right now we are at about half the price that it is currently selling for. I'm really excited about that because cruising with a family can be pricey which I compare to what you have to pay cruising solo. Did that come across correctly?

It's a shame what they charge solo cruisers. We have a friend who would like to cruise with us but not share a cabin with my family. It's crazy to expect her to pay extra to travel alone and I also pay extra for a third in the cabin. I realize the extra person charge also covers food, etc. But usually it is children and Carnival does not give them a special discount. I do like that about NCL, they charge less for children and so do some other lines. Even though the first two fares are more sometimes it is cheaper for us to go NCL because they give such big discounts for kids.

Archived