Dawn to Bermuda in 2008

Mark

Does anyone have the scoop on Dawn's 2008 summer schedule out of NYC.

A poster on a different board had heard that since Crown is leaving, Dawn will be doing Bermuda cruises. Does anyone know if it means that Dawn will do the traditional 7 day 6 night NYC Bermuda cruises that NCL has been doing for years? I hope so!

I also hope that NCL is not adding some awful port like Cape Canaveral to a Berrmuda itinerary...I like Cocoa Beach / Cape Canaveral but if I wanted to go there I would fly down and stay in a hotel. The reason that most folks do the weekly Bermuda cruise is to enjoy Bermuda without having to pay those awfully expensive hotel and restaurant fees!

I thought someone who might have sailed on an NCL ship recently might have acquired new first hand info on the Dawn 2008 and share it with us here?:cool:

I kept hearing that the Dawn was coming to Boston to replace Majesty. Don't tell me NCL is keeping that dumpy old ship around. I had hoped to book Dawn to Bermuda from Boston in 2008.

Looks like it is Martha's Vineyard for a week. We are sailing RCCL Jewel of the Seas from Boston to the caribbean in October, 2008.

I can't believe it is taking NCL this long to announce their summer 2008 schedule. RCCL already has 2009 cruises being booked.

NCL keeps forcing us to look at other cruiselines if we want to sail out of Boston. Majesty should have been retired ten years ago.

Why not rotate Dawn between Boston and NYC for Bermuda cruises.

I kept hearing that the Dawn was coming to Boston to replace Majesty. Don't tell me NCL is keeping that dumpy old ship around. I had hoped to book Dawn to Bermuda from Boston in 2008.

Looks like it is Martha's Vineyard for a week. We are sailing RCCL Jewel of the Seas from Boston to the caribbean in October, 2008.

I can't believe it is taking NCL this long to announce their summer 2008 schedule. RCCL already has 2009 cruises being booked.

NCL keeps forcing us to look at other cruiselines if we want to sail out of Boston. Majesty should have been retired ten years ago.

Why not rotate Dawn between Boston and NYC for Bermuda cruises.

I agree that is why I booked Carnival for April 2008 and have summer of 2008 booked with Carnival also. Still waiting ...

You didn't expect NCL would be the first line to book itineraries each summer? Carnival is number one, not NCL. Carnival posted theirs in March, Royal Caribbean still hasn't posted all of theirs yet. Norwegian has now posted Alaska, and most of Europe's. Until NCL posts all of their other itineraries, with repositionings, how can they book their Caribbean itineraries?

During the winter most of the ships return to the Caribbean, and during the summer most of the ships reposition from the Caribbean.

Be patient, hang in there. I expect all of the itineraries to be posted within the next month, maybe within the next two weeks.

The Dawn cannot do the same week long itinerary to St. George as the Majesty. Frankly, its 260 feet too long to turn around in the harbor. If she does go to Boston, expect a one day stay in Bermuda at Kings Warf, not St. George or Hamiliton.

Most likely the Dawn would do either Bahamas or Virgin Island cruises from Boston if she ends up sailing from Boston.

How true is it that RC has 2009 itineraries up? Let's take a gander.

x Adventure of the Seas to Apr 2009

o Brilliance of the Seas to Nov 2008

o Empress of the Seas to Mar 2008

o Enchantment of the Seas to Nov 2008

x Explorer of the Seas to Apr 2009

x Freedom of the Seas to Apr 2009

o Grandeur of the Seas to Oct 2008

o Independence of the Seas to Oct 2008

o Jewel of the Seas to Oct 2008

o Legend of the Seas to Nov 2008

x Liberty of the Seas to Apr 2009

x Majesty of the Seas to Mar 2009

o Mariner of the Seas to Dec 2008

x Monarch of the Seas to Apr 2009

x Navigator of the Seas to Apr 2009

o Radiance of the Seas to Oct 2008

o Rhapsody of the Seas to Sep 2008

o Serenade of the Seas to Sep 2008

x Sovereign of the Seas to Mar 2009

o Splendour of the Seas to Nov 2008

o Vision of the Seas to Dec 2008

o Voyager of the Seas to Dec 2008

Just 8 out of 22 RC ships have 2009 itineraries posted, or around 36% do, meaning 64% aren't. That's a far cry from 100%. But they do have all their summer 2008 itineraries posted, considering the Empress of the Seas is leaving the fleet in 2008.

We could take the time to look at other cruise lines, but I will not bore you with that. What I will state;

"cruise lines release new itineraries over a period of weeks, if not months."

Don't expect all of them to be up for sale instaneously upon when the first new itineraries are released.

NCL has posted the summer 2008 itineraries for 5 ships, next week it will be at least 6 ships, half their fleet. Yes, I realize 2008 is a far way away from 2009. But, NCL is the cruise line bleeding red ink, and probably wishes to wait to select the best profitable itineraries.

Rolloman,

The problem with Port Canaveral is that it is not in the same league with Miami and Ft Lauderdale for folks who have to fly in. There is no cheap 10 minute cab ride from Orlando's airport to the ship in Port Canaveral.

I always fly in the morning of my cruise and when I checked out the logistics of flying into Orlando, I said FORGET ABOUT IT! In addition you have to put up with all the family travelers (KIDS) from Disneyworld and other attractions who are also traveling in and out of Orlando airport.

I will take a cruise out of Ft Lauderdale anyday...it is the most convenient port to fly in and out of. And if the Dawn does go to Bermuda, I hope she stays put in NYC since I can hop in a cab and be on the ship in less than 30 minutes.:cool:

Archived