SD1 Rome-Rome - 6/30/07

scjewels

Well, it's been a little while, so I'll ask if anyone is going on this Almalfi Coast experience with us. We have 3 couples going all together. Does anyone have any advise for shipping back excess luggage, as we will be on the go for 5 days after we leave the yacht on the 7th of July.

Or anyother good advise for our stay on the SD1.

Thanks so much

Julie

• 1 month later...

Oh, how lovely. I'm savoring my documents. We cannot wait to go. 20 more days till we leave for Rome, then a few before the "Yachting experience".

Any hints on what time to get to the ship? What can we expect? Is anyone coming with us?

All the best

Julie

Hi Julie:

Lucky you. We have to wait till October to be on SD 1 from Rome. As far as arriving at the ship, usually 2PM before any boarding. Plenty of time to finish up in Rome and get to Civitivecchia. It is fun getting the documents. We always feel that the trip starts when the documents arrive. Have a ball and be sure to post a review. That helps us poor working stiffs wait between SeaDream fixes.

Jim.

Thanks Jim and Alita! We will certainly look into the website for shipping luggage.

We are very excited to be getting away and taking it easy. With 3 days in Rome before and all the sight seeing, we will need those 2 easy days in Bonofacio and Ponza.

As I have yet to travel on Seadream, any favorite items you order when on board? One of our traveling partner loves eggs benedict (sp?), will they make them to order? I told her I thought so. They did on Seabourn. I know it's a funny thing to ask, but we all have our guilty pleasures.

Take care and I hope everyone is doing great! And, if anyone has anything else to add, PLEASE DO!

Julie

Julie:

Eggs Bennie are available any time. Not listed on the breakfast menu but just ask. They do them very well. Also, we love to get a cheese tray in the afternoon on the Bali beds. another fave is popcorn for a movie at night. Simple tastes I guess but we get plenty of fancy at the evening cocktail parties. You are making me hungry and I am trying to lose weight before October.

Jim.

LOL, my tummy was grumbling when I posted the reply! We are also trying to be good right now, to be able to enjoy all the the Seadream has to offer. Thanks for the good news on the eggs! I also enjoy a cheese plate. I'm not a big caviar person, but will have some if it's around.

May I ask one more item..... (oh, sure, there will be plenty more! :) )

In the evening, if our gents just want to wear slacks and a nice print shirt with no sport coat, would that be acceptable? Also, if we are going into port at night to walk around and eat dinner topside, can they wear their shorts?

Thanks again for the reponses and you know October will be here before you know it!

Julie

Have not yet been on SD in the Med but in the Caribbean, shorts and a print shirt are normal. Usually if the dinner is in the dining room, I will wear a blazer and Khakis (no tie). On deck it is a loose, tropical type shirt. The better to eat with. Forgot to tell you I always seem to gain a pound a day on SD. When I lose the weight, I can go again.

Jim.

Jim, My husband sighs a relief. He likes dressing up, but not every night. We enjoy Seabourn, but one night the fashion police came out because he had yet to put a tie on.. Our favorite bar guy had to tell us, he was kind of embarrassed, but we all got a great laugh out of it! So, this will be just the relaxing time we need. We are hoping to hike some of the weight off after the voyage. We will be in Tuscany hill towns, but then you know, it's more wine, more good food. I guess we will just have to go with the flow!

Do they really have an ice-breaker type PJ Party at the Top of the Yacht Bar? You wear the PJ's they give you? Thanks to all who can give me anymore good tidbits.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Jewels

Hi Julie:

The pajama party has become somewhat of a tradition. On our first SD cruise in Mexico, there was a group of Texans that came up with the idea on our last night. They were a fun bunch and started several parties. At this time, it was not an organized thing but just a fun idea. One of them broke out some felt tip markers and we all autographed each others PJs. Someday I will frame that shirt. Crew said others had had pajama parties but this was the first autograph session. Now they have the PJ party early on. Makes sense, helps you learn everyones name. Does remind me a bit of the Griswold family in European Vacation with their names on berets but all good fun. The PJs are a long sleeve t shirt top with your name and drawstring long pants bottoms. Very comfortable. I just mowed the yard in a pair of mine. Very hot here in FLA.

all the best,

Jim.

11 more days till we leave out of LAX on our BA flight! We upgraded because we are tall folks and have never flown that long. Any tips on how often we should get up and move around?

We are getting so excited! We are on deck 2 with portholes, but we don't care. We booked the suites that have solid walls as opposed to the suites that can be made into the 2 rooms suites on the advise given here and at the SD office. We are 201, 202 and 218. Has anyone been in those suites?

Jim, my husband was lol in regards to you using your PJ's for mowing out front.

I can't wait to see what he uses his for!

All the best

Julie

Archived