Dining room dress code, from Carnival website, new?

Glama

you see me walking to my table, which takes about 30 seconds on average. You are probably looking at my wife anyway, because she is a heck of a lot better to look at than me. I get to my table, I sit down, I put my napkin on my lap, and all you see of me is a well mannered man in a nice button down dress shirt chewing with his mouth closed and having a good time at dinner.

LOL!! You sound like exactly the type of people we'd enjoy meeting, hanging out with, and especially DINING with on a cruise!! :p

Glama -- i know this is off topic, and i swear this is not intended to be mean spirited or rude. you really need to learn how to use the quote feature b/c when you don't, if someone goes to quote you, they get the whole erroneous thing (above -- another poster's quote) and they have to edit. you have been posting up a fire storm these past few days, and none are quoted.

when you want to quote someone, click on the quote icon in their post. after their end

start your post. you can preview your post to see if it worked by hitting the preview button.:)

But why not? :confused:

Because the Caribbean doesn't have a "winter".

And aside from that, wearing white in winter is now considered fashionable... times they have a'changed... it is no longer a fashion faus pax... although I will always think that most white SHOES are :p LOL

Glama -- i know this is off topic, and i swear this is not intended to be mean spirited or rude. you really need to learn how to use the quote feature b/c when you don't, if someone goes to quote you, they get the whole erroneous thing (above -- another poster's quote) and they have to edit. you have been posting up a fire storm these past few days, and none are quoted.

when you want to quote someone, click on the quote icon in their post. after their end start your post. you can preview your post to see if it worked by hitting the preview button.:)

I was JUST getting ready to type something very similar!!! No offense Glama, but it would help others understand your posts :o And you can even quote multiples!!!

Glama -- i know this is off topic, and i swear this is not intended to be mean spirited or rude. you really need to learn how to use the quote feature b/c when you don't, if someone goes to quote you, they get the whole erroneous thing (above -- another poster's quote) and they have to edit. you have been posting up a fire storm these past few days, and none are quoted. __________________

I know how to use the quote thingy!! Sorry! Like I've said before, I'm lazy, won't happen again. See?? How'd I do?

I guess I never thought about the quoting my quote part... silly me.

I know how to use the quote thingy!! Sorry! Like I've said before, I'm lazy, won't happen again. See?? How'd I do?

LOL, good... but don't delete anything :p Now we have no idea who you are quoting, just like before, LOL...

Because the Caribbean doesn't have a "winter".

And aside from that, wearing white in winter is now considered fashionable... times they have a'changed... it is no longer a fashion faus pax... although I will always think that most white SHOES are :p LOL

But the rule isn't that you can't wear white in the winter. The rule is no white after Labor Day. And if we're supposed to fashion dress codes in the dining room by Caribbean rules, I'm not so sure that denim could possibly be an issue. There are many people who would disagree that white after Labor Day is no longer a fashion faux pas.

I certainly agree that "times they have a'changed". :)

I probably won't be looking at either of you, but that is aside from the point ;) So we can pretty much wear whatever we want, because people will only see us for 30 seconds... *note to self- get leather chaps out of storage* :D LOL, whatever you wear, have a great time!!!

I didn't see in his post that said "we can pretty much wear whatever we want".

Isn't it funny how posts can be read so differently:p

For that transgression you shall be forced to sit in a room filled with jeans wearers for longer than 30 seconds!! A fate far worse than death!!

Thanks! I was beginning to think I should request a table in the farmer section of the main dining room so other, more sophisticated Carnival cruisers wouldn't have to be exposed to my crass self![/quot

So if you wear jeans do you sit with the farmers or the Walmart crowd?

Just kidding:rolleyes:

LOL, good... but don't delete anything :p Now we have no idea who you are quoting, just like before, LOL...

Did I delete something? Now I'm really confused...:p

For that transgression you shall be forced to sit in a room filled with jeans wearers for longer than 30 seconds!! A fate far worse than death!!

LOL you don't scare me!! I do that every single day at work. ;)

OK, did I do the quote thing right THIS time???

But the rule isn't that you can't wear white in the winter. The rule is no white after Labor Day. And if we're supposed to fashion dress codes in the dining room by Caribbean rules, I'm not so sure that denim could possibly be an issue. There are many people who would disagree that white after Labor Day is no longer a fashion faux pas.

I certainly agree that "times they have a'changed". :)

Because according to etiquette (very old, way back in the day), a lady didn't wear Easter shoes in the dead of winter :p LOL There are many different stories why it came up, but the period between labor day and memorial day was "cooler" and it wasn't appropriate to wear summer fashions during the colder months, labor day generally signifies the end of the summer, while memorial day is the beginning of the warmer months... another rumor as to how it started, was that white reflects the light and heat, so it would make you cooler in cooler months, LOL (the original etiquette rule however, applied only to shoes)

It is the reason that we now have "winter white", it was a warmer color that became acceptable... however, in all fashion circles, white is pretty much accepted (except for much older people that hold steady to this) year-round (although I still think white shoes should be outlawed except for tennis shoes and bridal shoes :p)

I didn't see in his post that said "we can pretty much wear whatever we want".

Isn't it funny how posts can be read so differently:p

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that... but if the reasoning is "you will only see me for 30 seconds"... why can't someone wear whatever they want, if the guidelines don't specifically say it isn't allowed?? I know... manners should be the first thing that comes to mind :p But I'm just asking, LOL

Did I delete something? Now I'm really confused...:p

LOL you don't scare me!! I do that every single day at work. ;)

OK, did I do the quote thing right THIS time???

Seriously, what are you doing when you hit the quote button? LOL! For some reason, the person that quoted is not being shown... don't delete anything... you just start your post after the end of the quote, hit the return button but don't delete anything... otherwise, there is no point in using it, since we still don't know who you are replying to :p LOL!

OK, I SWEAR I am not deleting anything!!! Honestly!! It's just not showing up who quoted it!

Let me go back and ready your instructions again. On another board, I just click that quote icon, enter the copied and pasted portion of what I want to quote, then click "submit reply" and it quotes the ENTIRE thing.

OK! I reread instructions, I got it now. LOL Duh, me. It's different from other places that I go to. I'm slinking back to the farmers dining room now...

Apparantly, I really DON'T know how to use the quote thingy!

OK, I SWEAR I am not deleting anything!!! Honestly!! It's just not showing up who quoted it!

Let me go back and ready your instructions again. On another board, I just click that quote icon, enter the copied and pasted portion of what I want to quote, then click "submit reply" and it quotes the ENTIRE thing.

OK! I reread instructions, I got it now. LOL Duh, me. It's different from other places that I go to. I'm slinking back to the farmers dining room now...

Apparantly, I really DON'T know how to use the quote thingy!

LOL! Bless your heart!! Everything will be okay... don't sweat it. Just hit quote, then place your cursor at the end of the ] (after all of the text), hit return, but don't take anything with you ;) and start typing...

But don't let it worry you... it would just be easier to know who you were replying to... but it's not the end of the world :)

The way I read it is...No Shorts, Tank Tops or bathing suits in the dining room...Formal attire on Formal nights....If you do not want to dress on Formal nights the Buffet is where you should eat.....Non formal nights it says nothing about jeans not being allowed, it just says shorts , tank tops and bathing suits...:p

Seriously, what are you doing when you hit the quote button? LOL! For some reason, the person that quoted is not being shown... don't delete anything... you just start your post after the end of the quote, hit the return button but don't delete anything... otherwise, there is no point in using it, since we still don't know who you are replying to :p LOL!

LMAO Idiot Me!!!!:p i gave her the Hoooray! w/o even realizing the error you pointed out! yep, Glama, who you are quoting wld be impt, LOL.

guess i was so excited to see something that resembled a quote, that i got a little over zealous, LOLOL:D

Ok, you want to know what's REALLY bad? I just realized that I've done it wrong on EVERY single board I post to, which is alot, not even cruising related where people can be really uptight!! OMG I feel like an idiot. hahaha. Thanks for teaching me! :p So THAT'S what that quote thing means at the bottom!! And True Cruiser, thanks for your hooray, anyhow. ;)

OK, back to your original dining room clothing discussion....

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that... but if the reasoning is "you will only see me for 30 seconds"... why can't someone wear whatever they want, if the guidelines don't specifically say it isn't allowed?? I know... manners should be the first thing that comes to mind :p But I'm just asking, LOL

I suppose you can if ya want. It will be up to Carnival to determine if it's acceptable. Coming to mind.....there was one cc member who posted his wife in a very revealing dress, and were told by Carnival it was inappropriate. And go figure dresses are under their guidelines:p

I posted earlier on a diffrent post about the dress code. My dad who we took on his first cruise since he was in the Navy, accidently wore shorts to formal night. An ice polo shirt and the shorts were nice but still shorts. I was sure he was going to be kicked out but Carnival handled it correctly and instead making a scene he was able to enjoy his dinner. Of course he would have dresssed up but the cruise was alot for him to take in and for man who served in the U.S. Navy defending us in the Northern Atlantic he deserved a break. The Captain even asked my dad about his service hat and had his crew salute my dad.

Denim not being appropriate in the dining room and not wearing white after Labor Day fall into exactly the same etiquette category. Outdated. There was a time when a woman wearing slacks or showing up without white gloves would not have been permitted either. Fashion "rules" are only made up so that some people have something to frown about and I sure don't want to frown on my vacation. Some people feel and look dressed up in very dark denim with creases pressed down the front. If someone takes the time and effort to press their pants, I'd hardly call that casual.

Personally, I feel dressed up in silk, satin, or anything sparkly. Not just on formal nights. Denim doesn't sparkle unless you glue stuff to it. I'd rather wear that to the bar. But if someone wears denim in the dining room, I don't think I'd be appalled or aghast or a-anything. No frowny faces with my Beef Wellington or on my cruise! LOL

OOh... I hate that saying. It makes me sad for all the dead horses :( I love horses. Going to the opening day at the Emerald Downs Horse Racing track on Friday!!!!!!! YIPEE!

Maybe we could say Groundhog Day? :) Or Deja Vu?

NO, No, No! I was born on February 2nd. Not Groundhog! How about a Rattlesnake??? Yuck!

Thanks! I was beginning to think I should request a table in the farmer section of the main dining room so other, more sophisticated Carnival cruisers wouldn't have to be exposed to my crass self!

Come join us on the Miracle on 9/24. You all sound like fun people to me! :D

Archived