Tampa and Channelside

afdds

Hey everyone,

I live in Tampa and don't know the answer to this question, so I thought maybe someone that has departed from Tampa could help me out. I'm wondering about the luggage drop off at the Tampa port. In all the years that I've been down at Channelside when a ship is in port, I never see any cars waiting in line to drop off bags. You would think that they would be backed up through the traffic circle. Yet, I always see people pulling their bags through the crosswalk. I really don't want to drag my bag through the parking garage. Were are all the cars waiting to drop off bags? Do I have to drag my bag through the garage?

Any help would be great!

If you are sailing on Carnival out of Channelside....here ya go....

You can pull in in front of the terminal...it is set-up with three lanes. The porter will come and get the luggage and you may drop off who is with you.

Then you drive to the garage and park ($12.00 a day) paid in advance.

Then meet who were with back across the street at the terminal.

Takes 5 to 10 minutes total.

This poster is loonie!!

;) hey deb

Only done it twice.......

OK ...a little longer than 5 to 10 minutes.:p

When was the last time you cruised on Carnival..?

You do realize that the drop off area is in between Carnival terminal and the Aquarium...not out on Channelside Dr....??????:rolleyes:

We did it April 5th. If you are having someone drop you off at the port You follow the signs for valet parking drop off your luggage with the porter and off you go. Or if your driving you can do as Jessiemom said. It really goes quickly and probably does take 15 minutes tops. Last year we sprung for the valet parking and it was quick and easy. This year since hubby was staying home to work (sniff, sniff) he dropped us off.

by the way coming off the ship the porter will take your bags across the street to the parking garage for you, so you still are not lugging it yourself.

Tampa really is easy to get in and out of.

Enjoy yourself,

burnsie

We did it April 5th. If you are having someone drop you off at the port You follow the signs for valet parking drop off your luggage with the porter and off you go. Or if your driving you can do as Jessiemom said. It really goes quickly and probably does take 15 minutes tops. Last year we sprung for the valet parking and it was quick and easy. This year since hubby was staying home to work (sniff, sniff) he dropped us off.

by the way coming off the ship the porter will take your bags across the street to the parking garage for you, so you still are not lugging it yourself.

Tampa really is easy to get in and out of.

Enjoy yourself,

burnsie

That's "jessemon"....LOL:eek:

Archived