Back from POAM 4/7

petefamily7@yahoo.com

Hi Everyone! First let me thank everyone for all the help in planning our trip to Hawaii.

We had beautiful weather and just a wonderful time.

I was a little worried about the ship because of past reviews so I went with a very open mind in hopes it would be great!

The ship is Beautiful!! We had 3 rooms booked. 9136/9138/9191.

My family was is 38/38 and my sister's family in 91. We have only sailed on RCL.

I was very upset with our service in our room! We boarded on Saturday afternoon and by Sunday evening I had never met our room attendent!

We only had 2 towels in our room that was booked for 4 people. I did call housekeeping and they did come to our door and bring more towels.

Sunday night we came into the room and the bunkbed was put up and we couldn't open it up. I once again called housekeeping and they came in 30min to open the bed up. By Monday a supervisor came to the door and asked how it was going and I told her not well! Then I was given a new housekeeper and she was very nice but we only had her 3 days then they switched her to another floor.

Once again we had the other guy back!

I did talk to him and I found a little background info on him.

I asked how long he worked for POAM and he responded with a week too long!

I guess he was hired for management and when he got to the ship he was put in housekeeping!

So because of this screw up we paid the price with his service.

The food was ok nothing to really brag about.

I do not like the free style system they have. Everytime we tried to get into one of the places we would always have a long wait so we just went to the Aloha cafe or the diner.

We didn't go to any of the places where you pay. I really felt I had paid enough for the cruise.

I think the employees for POAM are inexperinced and really need more training then what they are receiving.

Also, if I hadn't found this site we would have been in real trouble finding out things to do because the desk help really had no local information.

Because of these things happening it didn't ruin my vacation by any means.

We loved the islands!!!

Just for the record my sister loved her housekeeper and even left her an extra 20$.

They did think the crew was inexperinced too!

We did see whales/dolphins on the ship.

The best part was the big island on the black sand beach with the sea turtles! My kids loved it!

Again thank you all! Angie

Thanks for the review, Angie. It was very informative. Sorry about your cabin problems, (I guess it's to be expected? Shame on NCLA!), but I'm glad you had a great time.

Sorry, but I have to ask.........were there really whales and dolphins on the ship?:confused::p:confused:

Ali

We did see whales/dolphins on the ship.

Wow, How'd they get up there?! :p

<snicker>

I'm on POAM in July so I want to be prepared as well as i can be. It sounds like NCL is trying to correct the problems that were horrendous a few months ago and you just got a bad apple. At least you were a good sport about it! Thanks for the review!

Very funny you guys!!haha

I remember when we were planning the trip I was so worried the kids wouldn't see whales that I almost booked an excursion. Now I am so glad we saved the money.

I called my travel agent and she said she had another client on POA that week and called her 3 times to complain. I guess he was very upset with his service.

I am going to write a letter to NCL and the agent wants a copy to put into the hands of her rep.

Archived