What is the best tip or piece of advice that you got from CC

Karysa

Tell me about the best tip or piece of advice that you got from these boards.

I'll tell you two:

put your luggage under the bed (not in the closet)

and order a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and dessert from room service

I know others will share even better ones. Love CC.

You[/ can board the ship before the stated time. YOU can be one of those people already in swimsuits drinking when you board the ship 30 minutes before sailingbecause you booked Cruise line air:( and didn't come in the night before.

I'll think of the rest after I post:)

and I have passed on....over the door shoe holder..extra hangers..nite lite. Full re-named plastic bottles:rolleyes: ..$50 worth single dollars.many many more..love these people on the boards..you all, are THE best!!!

BCfan/Jerry,

Please elaborate on not using the S.+S. card for the safe. I have heard several reasons why not to, and I never do....I carry a Wal-Mart gift card for the safe. But please, elaborate...sounds like you learned the hard way....what exactly IS the hard way?!?!

Thanks!

I have no idea what this is . please explain and its purpose

An electrical powerstrip. There aren't many outlets in the cabins. If you're like me I always have plenty of gadgets to plug in , such as battery chargers, phone chargers, Ipods, etc. Really comes in handy.

jerry

Best advice for me was warning of one-day sale. I had no idea about these things and that you could just call up your PVP and price reduction. I saved $350 and got moved up to Lido deck balcony from two decks down.:cool:

Advice on excursions is also good on the ports of call threads.

Powerstrip is a good one too.

I still don't buy into the "rule" that you fly down a day early to stay in a cheap hotel. To each his own on that one. I fly in morning of the cruise and see lots of cruise passengers on flights. It's actually a bit exciting because half of my Jet Blue early Sunday morning flight will be cruisers leaving that day.

BCfan/Jerry,

Please elaborate on not using the S.+S. card for the safe. I have heard several reasons why not to, and I never do....I carry a Wal-Mart gift card for the safe. But please, elaborate...sounds like you learned the hard way....what exactly IS the hard way?!?!

Thanks!

While in Aruba, DW's S+S card became demagnetized when it came into contact with a refrigerator magnet. Housekeeping had to come open the safe so DW could get to her jewelry. Also had to go to the purser's deck to get a new S+S card. Wasted a couple of hours.

Many posters suggest using an old gift card or an expired wholesale club card. Anything with a magnetic strip will do. That's what we plan to do for our next cruise.

jerry

Booking Specific Top Secret Cabins like the Cat.1a cabins for me is the Winner.

Ditto on that one!! Had I not joined into CruiseCritic, I'd have been accepting the (totally incorrect) information being offered to me by CCL in regard to 1A cabins.

The information gained here was paramount in me booking as many sailings as I have, so I guess CCL should pay some sort of commission back to this web site. Yep, all because of Fred (plus a few others) and their pictures. :)

You also have your S&S card out alot on the ship,n If you lose it, You lose your room key, (granted the number is not on it) but then that would be the same thing that unlocks your safe. Just thinking I would not want my house key and my safe key to be the same,

Archived