Was refused the $25 on board credit for Latitudes

freezing

I assumed this credit would just be included in my invoice at the end of the cruise but I was wrong. The Reception desk lady told me I would have had to go to an accountant about that on the 2nd day or so... She refused to add it, saying I'd have to call the Miami office, but refusing to let me use any phone on the ship (we were already back in NY at that time) and refusing to let me talk to a manager. Interesting experience.

In any case, has this happened to anyone and were you able to get that money after the cruise? How did you get the money? I would just like to get some info on this in advance as I am in Europe and would be paying a lot of phone charges to call these guys. I know $25 is not much, but they were so rude about this on the ship and I'd like to clear it up therefore.

Why do you feel being a Latitude member ..you should get a 25 dollar credit?

I have been on NCL 6 times in 3 years and never got a 25 dollar credit.

I don't think they would let anyone use their phones the day you arrive to home port. Suppose everyone on the ship wanted to do that.

You should have gone the first day to see about yoru credit. Sorry but I think you will miss out this time.

I don't think I understand either. Was this a promo that offered a $25 OBC for latitude members? If so, you are right to have expected it to appear on your statement, but you should have checked your invoice prior to even sailing. When your TA sent you an invoice or NCL there would appear somewhere something that states included OBC. If not I would think you would question it at the time. I have heard of some who have had trouble with OBC. Luckily I have yet to have a client that has had a problem. NMNita

Why do you feel being a Latitude member ..you should get a 25 dollar credit?

I have been on NCL 6 times in 3 years and never got a 25 dollar credit.

I don't think they would let anyone use their phones the day you arrive to home port. Suppose everyone on the ship wanted to do that.

You should have gone the first day to see about yoru credit. Sorry but I think you will miss out this time.

because it says so right there: http://eu.ncl.com/ncl-eu/index_latitudes.html

I assumed it would be automatically added to my statement, they had no problems automatically adding the million extra charges they have for everything. I did get the latitudes meeting letter in my stateroom, so I assumed they were familiar with me being a latitudes member and assumed I would automatically get that credit. I know now that I would have had to run after every little thing I wanted on the ship, but didn't know back then yet.

Guest nhrich

Do you live in continental Europe? According to the site that you listed,

Benefits vary for international guests outside of Continental Europe.
It's not a benefit we get in the U.S.

I assumed it would be automatically added to my statement, they had no problems automatically adding the million extra charges they have for everything. I did get the latitudes meeting letter in my stateroom, so I assumed they were familiar with me being a latitudes member and assumed I would automatically get that credit. I know now that I would have had to run after every little thing I wanted on the ship, but didn't know back then yet.

Ok..then you should get it!

To go to the customer service desk to inquire about your OBC is not "running after every liittle thing"/ Sounds like you had problems with NCL

Was this your first NCL cruise? If so, it states that the $25 OBC is for all future cruises. That could be why you didn't receive it for this one.

Sorry you missed the Meet & Greet. It would have been nice to meet you.

In North America, Latitudes members only get onboard credit when they have booked a Latitudes member reunion cruise.

We do not get it for every cruise.

I would suggest contacting your travel agent.

To get an OBC it has to say in your booking invoice OBC credit. You need to bring a copy on the cruise. They didn't have mine on my record on the ship when I checked the second day. I brought down my copy of the orignal invoice that said OBC credit and they contacted Miami and the same day a very nice note came to my room telling me that the credit would appear on my record shortly...and it did.

That being said if its after your cruise, I would write a letter and go through why you are entitled to it and that they didn't give it to you.

I booked my last cruise (Dream) during an OBC promotion and didn't get it on board either. I asked about it and was informed there was nothing that could be done on the ship. I could have dropped it but instead chose to write directly to NCL in Miami when I got home. I had a credit on my card within one week and a phone message apologizing for the inconvenience and asking if we were satisfied with the outcome. One of two things happens in these instances. Either the OBC notes get lost and it's not on purpose, or NCL figures most people won't call over $40, which was my OBC for the cruise. I don't care as long as I got the credit. :)

That being said if its after your cruise, I would write a letter and go through why you are entitled to it and that they didn't give it to you.

You beat me to it! I think most people underestimate the value of simply letting NCL know what happened. Give them a chance to make it right. :)

Key word here .... future

Get ready for your next cruise and benefit from numerous privileges

aboard our NCL Freestyle Cruising fleet. It's so easy.

On-board credit of US$25,- per Latitudes member on all future cruises (if you book a suite the on-board credit duplicates)

Everyone seems pretty quick with reasons to tell the OP why she should not get the OBC, maybe he/she is already bronze and had reason to expect it and this was a future cruise from the last one when OP hit bronze?

If you think you qualify, go find out, I would. It would irk me.

Guest nhrich

OP was already a Latitudes member...from a prior post:

I did get the latitudes meeting letter in my stateroom, so I assumed they were familiar with me being a latitudes member and assumed I would automatically get that credit.

We also had some problems with our on board credit. We had booked thru the travel desk on board a year prior and they gave us a $200.00 OBC. I went to check on our account the second day at sea on our cruise this year and sure enough it wasn't listed. The reception desk said they would need some info from the travel desk, because it was issued from them. So now step 2, sure enough it was showing on the home office computers that we still had it. After a couple of days and a couple of emails by NCL, our credit showed up. Yes, I was a little concerned that it wasn't there, but I didn't wait until the end of the cruise. I knew it would have been transferred to a future cruise. Do I think they owe it to you in cash? No. But yes, for a future OBC, that's for sure.:)

Hi Freezing!

I see you experienced the same delightful level of service from the reception ladies as I did.

Follow up on the credit, just as a matter of principle;)

So sorry not to have met you, I asked every German (and some Austrians, by mistake) "Are you Freezing?" and received many strange looks and comments like, "No, it's quite warm". :p

Hope you enjoyed the trip other than this bump.

haha :-) hey not even I got it when SusanJean asked me if I was freezing. It was at the beach at St. Thomas, and I had just gotten out of the water... boyfriend handed me a towel and I wrapped it around me. At that point I heard a voice behind me "are you freezing?" Took me a minute to get that she wasn't talking about the temperature!

Man, the reception ladies... that wasn't the only time they provided us with "excellent" service... but I have done my share of sitting at a front desk and it's impossible to know everything...

I enjoyed my trip a lot! There were a few things that went wrong with NCL, the airline and excursion tour operators but hey... when you're on a gorgeous ship, in a room with a balcony, with a person you love, and you're touring the caribbean, how can you not have a great time? :cool:

Nice responses from some of you,....if I ever fall out of a boat, remind me to swim right by you and head for the shore.

Why should it be up to the passenger (i.e. guest, customer) to jump through hoops simply to get a lousy $25 knocked off their on board account? Try to remember, the $25 perk was NCL's idea, not the OPs'. If you promise something, you should have the means for making sure you follow through on that promise; and if, for some reason, you drop the ball, you should not expect the customer to be the one to pick it up. "You should have", "You need to bring", "It's so easy",......gimme a friggin' break.

The FIRST person Freezing approached about this should have picked up the ball, ran with it, fixed it and offered an apology. Done deal. But no, it's just another case of an NCL employee(s) offering up no solution to what should be a petty issue.

-LG

Nice responses from some of you,....if I ever fall out of a boat, remind me to swim right by you and head for the shore.

Why should it be up to the passenger (i.e. guest, customer) to jump through hoops simply to get a lousy $25 knocked off their on board account? Try to remember, the $25 perk was NCL's idea, not the OPs'. If you promise something, you should have the means for making sure you follow through on that promise; and if, for some reason, you drop the ball, you should not expect the customer to be the one to pick it up. "You should have", "You need to bring", "It's so easy",......gimme a friggin' break.

The FIRST person Freezing approached about this should have picked up the ball, ran with it, fixed it and offered an apology. Done deal. But no, it's just another case of an NCL employee(s) offering up no solution to what should be a petty issue.

-LG

Sure it should have been taken care of by the FIRST person Freezing approached, but why are you critizing those who might offer assistance or a solution (ie:"You should have", "You need to bring", "It's so easy"). Maybe you should give the posters who were trying to help a break! Your attack certainly offered no assistance.

Had the same problem last year, was to receive a $75 onboard credit. Never checked my account until late into the cruise. Was told I needed to notify them the first day and there was nothing they could do. Took 3 months after the cruise until my TA reimbursed me.

Anyone experience this.

During the 40th specials you could get an onboard ship credit pp or upgrade. We selected the onboard credit hoping for a upgrade later.

Now I'm latitudes member as well, I know this is wishful thinking, but when I board, do I dare ask at the service desk for my Latitudes onboard credit as well.

DAH!! I don't think so.

Just was wondering it anyone else had this happen.

Marcy

mbisson:

Come on, be a little thick-skinned will ya? First, I didn't attack anyone; there were several posters who offered up some great suggestions...the three I referenced do not fall into the same category.

And yes, you are correct in saying my post offered up no assistance,...that wasn't the point of my response. Basically, the point I was making is that this is another example of NCL's shortcomings with regards to customer service (or more appropriately, the lack thereof). It should have been right from the beginning; but, knowing that things do happen, the OP gave NCL multiple chances to rise to the occassion,..and in typical NCL style, they blew it off.

You want a suggestion? Okay, I'd write NCL a letter. I'd explain exactly how I was treated and that the issue was never resolved on board. I'd make sure they knew how many times I have sailed with NCL and that, because of how this was handled, they run the risk of losing a customer. I'd mention how frustrating it was to use valuable vacation time trying to get something so incredibly petty taken care of. Be factual, not emotional, and make it clear that you expect to have the issue resolved in a timely manner. If they blow it off once again, then you'll know exactly where you stand with NCL. If they'd rather keep their $25, fine. They certainly stand to loose a hell of a lot more if Freezing takes her business elsewhere.

People vote with money; and there are several cruise lines trying to get the people's vote,....sometimes I think NCL forgets this.

-Russ

Archived