Where are the best deals when booking QE2?

Freckles67

We are ready to book the April '08 transatlantic crossing on QE2. I'm wondering if anyone knows where the best deals are to be found. Online? Travel agent? Cunard directly?

If booking online or with a travel agent are we eligible for the EBS fare + 5% discount for World Club members? Since we put down a deposit on QM2 last December does that entitle us to any other discount?

We are thinking of booking in C1 category so we can push the twin beds together. :rolleyes: I think that is the cut off for double bed configuration???

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hi no matter how little you pay, someone else will have paid less, but generally why not email a few agents for quotes and see what figures come back and then try and bargain for a bit more off...

But if your in the UK lm happy to share my agents details, have booked a number of cruises and find them great all round and price wise they are lowest of all my quotes..

cheers

Myles

It's worth shopping around; get quotes from a number of online agents and tell them exactly what you want. They will come up with specific cabin numbers, so you can see the configuration and compare size location etc. 'Availability' will vary between agents, so keep pushing if you have a particular cabin in mind.

We've found price differences of over £1000 on C grade cabins. Once you have what you want, you can use the lowest quote and ask your favourite agent if they'll better it. You can also take your quotes to high street agents;many will match or better just to get the business.

Good luck.:)

Those of you in the UK who do you use ? I think Voyana are pretty competitive.

The best rate I found was with a company called name of new Cunard ship followed by the word travel. They are part of the same group of companies as Cunard, I think.

The best rate I found was with a company called name of new Cunard ship followed by the word travel. They are part of the same group of companies as Cunard, I think.

Mary Travel ????? :D

Ken

who thinks he knows who you mean because he booked his Q VICTORIA TRAVEL with them ;)

They're not well organised though, in my experience.

Matthew

Your best deal is always a group rate which comes along with onboard credit.

You cannot book the two 08 QE2 transats online nor can you get pricing online because they are segments of her world cruise. Segments are not fed into Cunard's Global Distribution system.

The last time I looked, C1 was sold out.

M grade receives $75.00 obc per person, C and above $150 per person when you book into a group.

Of course, this is through a North American agency who holds QE2 group space.

Any onboard credit as a result of making an onboard deposit is combinable with group onboard credit. The amount of your FCC onboard credit will depend upon the category you ultimately book.

Only when you book world cruises do you get a discount (paltry btw) for making an onboard deposit. All other sailings get onboard credit and of course, the reduced deposit.

Archived