Suite 127

Daneite

Has anyone occupied suite 127?? It is one half of a double suite, we know it only has a shower which is no problem, I was just wondering about the bed, there has been talk of Murphy beds in these suites, and I want a bed that is comfortable!!! So, has anyone slept in suite 127 and was the bed a Murphy fold up bed and was it as comfortable as the other suites??

Kathryn

Hi Kathryn!

I was "offline" for a bit and posted this and then saw your reply to Blackbird.

So glad to hear that you and Brian had a great crossing on the Legend! In spite of the love - hate relationship with King Neptune at the beginning of our Pride crossing, it was a fantastic sailing! :D Cheer within a cheer: thanks Blackbird for posting the link to my posts this has come up before on our board and completely understand Kathryn's concerns.

If you look at the deck plans (you may need a magnifying glass or have to squint) and there is symbol (asterisk or dot, for example) on suite 127, go to the legend (pun most definitely intended!) and if it says queen sized bed only, then you will have a Murphy Bed. I have never been berthed in suite 127; however about a third of my nights on Seabourn I have slept soundly in the Murphy beds and notice no difference in the comfort levels of the Murphy beds versus the regular beds.

If you have a super comfortable bed at home and have difficulty sleeping in hotel beds, then maybe you might want to play it safe and see if you could switch your suite assignment to a "regular" suite like 129 or another midships suite. You and Mr. B must have adequate sleep to enjoy your cruise! :)

Thanks for the advice Paul, I sleep very well normally on Seabourn but was a little worried about a Murphy Bed, especially as it is for 27 nights, however if you have not noticed the difference then it should be OK.

See you in November

Kathryn

Hi Kathryn

We have had a "Murphy bed" room on the Legend (not 127 - but the same setup) and the bed was very comfortable - actually somewhat nicer since there is no break in the mattresses being put together. The part we didn't like is that you can't put anything under the bed and we always put our luggage there so we had to send most of it out and put the small luggage in the closet. The bed goes right down to the floor so there is no space to put things under it. Other than that little problem, the bed was very comfortable.

Carol

On my last cruise (Lisbon-Rome) I was in suite 126, which should be the mirror of 127. The only difference I noticed was lack of a tub, which initially concerned me since I so love Molton Brown bubbly baths. However I was so busy I hardly noticed the lack. The shower is so much easier to enter and I might even prefer it on future cruises. I hope this allays your fears.

Winnie

PS I had NO problem sleeping, but the Club evenings might have contributed to that!

I have never heard of these special cabins - what's the difference between them( with the Murphy bed) and a regular cabin. I am on the Pride, 3-17-08, T/A in category A, #106. Is there less space in yours? Thanks, Jini

I have never heard of these special cabins - what's the difference between them( with the Murphy bed) and a regular cabin. I am on the Pride, 3-17-08, T/A in category A, #106. Is there less space in yours? Thanks, Jini

Hi Jini,

The suites are exactly the same but are part of a "double suite" where two suites can be joined together. Not been in it yet but it seems the only real difference is that we get a shower only, no bathtub, but that is a bonus for me as I never take a bath on the ship. I was just concerned that the bed would not be comfortable and I have been assured that it is so I am happy. Have a great time on the Pride!

Kathryn

• 2 weeks later...

We have just returned from 2 weeks on the Legend in Suite 129.(Our complementary trip)

There was absolutely no problem with sound but our neighbours in 127 for the second week were smokers. The smell of cigarette smoke seeped through the partition walls and we did find this very unpleasant.

Wendy & Norman

We have just returned from 2 weeks on the Legend in Suite 129.(Our complementary trip)

There was absolutely no problem with sound but our neighbours in 127 for the second week were smokers. The smell of cigarette smoke seeped through the partition walls and we did find this very unpleasant.

Wendy & Norman

Thanks for that Wendy & Norman, it is something to consider as we both HATE the smell of cigarettes. How are you two doing? It has been a long time since we last saw you, understand that we were very close last year, Joanne told us that you had just left as we joined last November, I think!! We have taken the plunge and booked 127 now so can only hope and pray that there are no smokers in 129, we will be in it for 26 days so will have to keep those fingers and toers crossed!!

Kathryn & Brian

Archived