Carnival Glory April 7 - 14 review (Western)

PaulMedik

hey paul,

great review. i have one question for you. the beach resort you went to in costa maya, how did you find out about that and where could i get some more info on it.

bigdawg86,

We had visited Chac Chi Resort on a previous Costa Maya port stop and read about it on Cruise Critic. There's a huge thread in the ports of call forum with pictures and reviews of Chac Chi. CLICK HERE for the thread. As you read the thread, keep in mind that many of the people who posted opinions about Chac Chi have NOT actually been there so take their words with a grain of salt. ;)

Awesome review! I really enjoyed reading. Your review has made up my mind for our cruise at the end of the year. I had it narrowed down to Glory either western or eastern or Liberty western. I am definately going with Glory Western, now, leaving Dec. 1, 2007. Thank you.

Thanks for a clear, concise photographic journey of your cruise. This was as good a review as I have enjoyed in a long time.

First, you have a lovely family. It must have been a great week for the five of you.

My wife and I did this exact cruise last fall and enjoyed it as much as y'all seemed to.

My grandson (17 y.o) was on the trip after yours (eastern) and got back early this morning. He had a great time and even won a ship-on-a-stick for eating ice cream fastest (they should never have given him the opportunity).

Thanks again for a fantastic review.

loved,loved,loved the review.. Kudos Paul and your beautiful family. You took us all along on your vacation with you!!!

thanks again, and also for the pics of the Miracle in dry dock..we are sailing her in June....she looks funny with her bottom out of the water!!!

Mel

Really makes our group look forward to our cruise May 19 even more. Beautiful pictures also.

By any chance do you know who the piano player was?

debbie48,

Sorry. I didn't get his name.

bychance,

:D LMAO, yeah he sure was passed out! He managed to wake back up and make it to Camp Carnival both evenings after passing out at dinner so I guess he's a true Carnival Cruiser eh?

Thank you all for your kind comments.

That was a great review Paul! My DH and I will be sailing Nov. 10 for our second sail on the Glory. We are going the Eastern this time. We are taking some friends with us that have never sailed and I am sure after reading your review will be more excited than ever. I do like your statements concerning Carnival. Sure they are things that can go wrong on every trip but most of the time it is all in how your attitude is. As the quote goes, "Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." You have a wonderful family and thank you again for the review. I am sure that I will look at and read the review over and over again to make the days go faster until November.

Ronnie & Paula

Paul, I LOVED your review!! Thanks so much for taking the time to put that together.

What other ships or cruiselines have you and your family been on? Was the Glory your favorite? I'm trying to decide which cruise to take in 2009 (my kids are 5, 10 and 12). It looks like your boys had a great time....they're adorable!

Paul, I LOVED your review!! Thanks so much for taking the time to put that together.

What other ships or cruiselines have you and your family been on? Was the Glory your favorite? I'm trying to decide which cruise to take in 2009 (my kids are 5, 10 and 12). It looks like your boys had a great time....they're adorable!

goscudder,

Thank you.

Since the boys arrived we've only cruised Carnival and for their age group I can't imagine a better cruiseline; we have family times & our time, and our boys have the opportunity to meet kids their age from all over the world in a fun environment. I don't really have a favorite Carnival ship. So far I haven't found one I don't like or that doesn't measure up.

Our first cruise was on Premier Cruiseline's StarShip Majestic which was affiliated with Disney and had all the Disney characters on board.

Have we changed a lot since then;

1304174933065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

We're hoping that Carnival's Magic or Dream, whichever comes out in 2009, has an itinerary we like so we can give it a try.

RLG1023,

Yes I have the capers. I'll try and get them scanned in and uploaded this evening.

Hey Paul! I started posting a review of our day at Freeport on the Bahamas board. I borrowed your format for this review since it is just an AWESOME way to share the experience. I gave you full credit though, and posted a link to this review. :) I love the above picture of you and your wife! My husband started cruising 25 years before me; on Navy ships during his 20 years in the Marines! I thought I would never convince him to give "real" cruising a try, but once he did he was hooked!

Gail

Thank you, Paul, for your incredible review. It is a subject of our 5/5/07 roll call for the Glory - and I bet most of us on that sailing have read your review multiple times.

The pictures are priceless, your family is beautiful, and it was a real pleasure that you took all of us along.

signgoodjob.gif

Hey Paul! I started posting a review of our day at Freeport on the Bahamas board. I borrowed your format for this review since it is just an AWESOME way to share the experience. I gave you full credit though, and posted a link to this review. :) I love the above picture of you and your wife! My husband started cruising 25 years before me; on Navy ships during his 20 years in the Marines! I thought I would never convince him to give "real" cruising a try, but once he did he was hooked!

Gail

gail811,

Now I wanna go back to Freeport! Excellent review. I bet that beach gets a few more visitors after people read your review.

For those who haven't checked it out yet, CLICK HERE

L0204,

Thank you.

RLG1023,

Still haven't got the capers scanned, but I did get them out and I have them laying on the scanner so I am making progress! ;)

We are on the Glory in July visiting the same ports. You gave me some really good ideas. We are snorkeling in Belize, dune buggy riding in Cozumel for the day, spending the day at Majahual in Costa Maya and just walking/shopping around the town in Nassau. I really enjoyed seeing everything! Thanks for the great review!!!

This has to be the best review of a cruise I've read. You are very articulate, and your family seems great. My DW and I are going on our 4th. Glory cruise 5-5-07, and you have given me some valuable tips. We are also staying at the Radisson. I'll have a marguerita or two, (or three) at Costa Maya and think of you and your wonderful family. THANKS AGAIN.

Archived