Breakfast on balcony

Awe now, you guys are making me miss my balcany. I can't wait till next Feb for my balcany and coffee! I have posted this before, but just in case you didn't see it, the coffee in the dinning room and room service is not the same as the Windjammer. The coffee in the dinning room and room service is MUCH better. I found this out on our Jewel cruise in 2005 when DH thought he would be nice and get me some coffee from the Windjammer as a surprise. Well, we found out that we could order a carafe` from room service. I can't wait till Feb.....ahhhh a balcany with my coffee and sweets!:D

I can't wait to order room service for breakfast and sit on my balcony and relax and take my time getting ready. How perfect! Can you just order plain, cheese & ham omelets or could you order say a veggie omelet?

I think you can order anything your heart desires - well, almost anything. :D And, yes, having time to eat, relax and then dress for the day is great. Just remember you need to tip the person who brings you the food. I take lots of $1 bills just for that purpose.

And, while breakfast on the balcony is great, I love room service whether I have a balcony or not. Heck, I even love room service breakfast in a hotel.

We are thinking of trying breakfast room service on the balcony.

Which ship are you sailing and what cabin category? Not sure about every class, but our E1 on the Mariner did not have a table that could be used for dining. There was a small, low plastic coctail table (and two plastic patio chairs), but it would be hard to use it for a meal. I wouldn't let that stop me from using room service, or from enjoying the balcony to it's fullest, just kind of changes how you imagine the meals might be:) .

Happy Sails,

Annette

Our next cruise is to Alaska. I started thinking about it and I thought that maybe it'd be too cold in the mornings to enjoy breakfast out on our balcony. Have any of you Alaska cruisers had breakfast on your balcony?

De

Our next cruise is to Alaska. I started thinking about it and I thought that maybe it'd be too cold in the mornings to enjoy breakfast out on our balcony. Have any of you Alaska cruisers had breakfast on your balcony?

De

We did... It was a bit chilly... ;)

We also ordered room service while we were at Hubbard Glacier... cookies and hot chocolate... :) It was nice to hang out on the balcony for a while and have treats while watching the glacier.

That's not the case on RCCL... we had an oceanview cabin on our February cruise on Jewel and were able to order items off the dinner menu that were not on the room service menu. They were very accomodating.

That is exactly correct, and you can write in items not on the breakfast card, such as french toast..you can get it, You can get the same meals served in the dining room delivered to your cabin, no matter if it is an interior on deck 2

We did... It was a bit chilly... ;)

We also ordered room service while we were at Hubbard Glacier... cookies and hot chocolate... :) It was nice to hang out on the balcony for a while and have treats while watching the glacier.

All I can say is....WHAT A GREAT IDEA.....I LOVE YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR SHARING....I MUST COPY YOU EXACTLY!.....and...one more....I DIDN"T KNOW YOU COULD GET HOT CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am very excited wooo hoooooooooo!

Our first cruise will be March 22 on the Jewel. At least once a day, I invision myself sitting on my hump balcony, at about 7:00 a.m. sipping on a recently delivered cup of coffee. Then again in mid afternoon with a glass of wine. And again in the evening, just before bed, listening to the sounds of the night at sea. while watching the stars dance in the sky. It helps to pass the time before I cruise. Is this normal to be that obsessed even though I have never curised? :D

I do have a question - Is coffee on the balcony as much fun on port days when you arrive at the destination early in the morning. Or does the magic only exist on sea days or late arrival port days?

Our first cruise will be March 22 on the Jewel. At least once a day, I invision myself sitting on my hump balcony, at about 7:00 a.m. sipping on a recently delivered cup of coffee. Then again in mid afternoon with a glass of wine. And again in the evening, just before bed, listening to the sounds of the night at sea. while watching the stars dance in the sky. It helps to pass the time before I cruise. Is this normal to be that obsessed even though I have never curised? :D

I do have a question - Is coffee on the balcony as much fun on port days when you arrive at the destination early in the morning. Or does the magic only exist on sea days or late arrival port days?

Yes, it is perfectly normal to be so obsessed!! These boards are my only outlet for my obsession because DH does not want to hear about it. March 7th will be my third cruise and I am just as excited now as much as I was my first time.:)

Archived