Half Moon Cay clamshells?

jnv-cruisers

My husband and I will be on a Carnival cruise going to Half Moon Cay in June. Can the clamshells be reserved ahead of time like other excursions, or do you need to wait until you get on the ship? What are the chances of reserving one at the last minute? Thank you.:o

For Carnival, the only thing you can pre-rent is the cabanas. The clamshells you rent on the island. I hear that they do run out, so be sure to catch an earlier tender to the island. You should do that anyways as you will want to spend every minute you are able enjoying paradise!

You can only rent the cabanas ahead of time when sailing on HAL. CCL will not let you. Clamshells cost appox. $15 for the day they are easy to get even last minute. They will run out only if there is more than one ship at HMC that day.

If going to HMC is an important part of your cruise go when there is only your ship there. Two ships is way to crowded to really enjoy the place. I do not remember the site name that lists every port and ship there for that date in advance. I am sure if you ask on the main page someone can post a link for you.

You can only rent the cabanas ahead of time when sailing on HAL. CCL will not let you. Clamshells cost appox. $15 for the day they are easy to get even last minute. They will run out only if there is more than one ship at HMC that day.

If going to HMC is an important part of your cruise go when there is only your ship there. Two ships is way to crowded to really enjoy the place. I do not remember the site name that lists every port and ship there for that date in advance. I am sure if you ask on the main page someone can post a link for you.

http://www.cruisecal.com

I cruise HAL and am able to pre-book my clamshell via the shore excursions part of HAL's web-site. Not sure if Carnival will let you do that, but either way, you should not have any problems gettgin a clamshell. And enjoy HMC, it is always the highlight of my cruises. Just laying around doing nothing.

I just got back from the Elation and HMC. Clamshells are $19 and on Carnival have to be rented from a watersports booth on HMC. We got one, and, frankly, I wish we hadn't. Ours was useless after about noon, because the sun started coming directly into the front. At that point, we abandoned it. We'd also gotten hammocks in the shade directly behind the clamshell, and that was far better. If you can get there early enough to get a hammock or a spot in the shade, I would recommend that over a clamshell.

I just got back from the Elation and HMC. Clamshells are $19 and on Carnival have to be rented from a watersports booth on HMC. We got one, and, frankly, I wish we hadn't. Ours was useless after about noon, because the sun started coming directly into the front. At that point, we abandoned it. We'd also gotten hammocks in the shade directly behind the clamshell, and that was far better. If you can get there early enough to get a hammock or a spot in the shade, I would recommend that over a clamshell.

Do the clamshells not "flip" over to the other side? I would think you'd be able to flip the clamshell over and you would have shade or sun..vice versa. ? I don't know...haven't been there yet.

Do the clamshells not "flip" over to the other side? I would think you'd be able to flip the clamshell over and you would have shade or sun..vice versa. ? I don't know...haven't been there yet.

It looked like they would flip over, but then you'd have no view of the water.

• 2 months later...

Okay, this probably is a stupid question, but when you reserve a clamshell (through HAL online), the two lounge chairs come with it right? We don't have to worry about finding two chairs when we get there, do we? Do people take the chairs from under the clamshell for use on their own (w/o rental)?

Curious, just in case we don't get off the ship early or if we take a tour in the morning.

Thanks!

Archived