Cruising nightmares (dreams)

I had a nightmare just last night!

We were flying to NJ for the cruise, but instead of landing at the airport, the plane dropped us off on top of a skyscraper! The building was tilted like the Leaning Tower of Pisa, and it was spinning! We were all screaming and holding on for dear life! :eek:

Somehow we got down and started wandering around NJ looking for the pier. We had no idea where we were going. After wandering around aimlessly and asking several people for directions (Everyone told us the wrong way to go.) we found the pier, but the ship had left without us. (Good thing I always fly in the day before in real life!) I was out of control and hysterically bawling my eyes out (in the dream, not in bed) when I finally woke up.

Boy oh boy, I thought my dreams were awful! I always have the same reoccuring nightmare... I forget to order a drink of the day. The month before Rhapsody, I actually woke up and looked at the calendar to make sure I didn't miss the cruise. I dream that half way through the cruise, I have realized that I haven't had any drinks of the day.

I also dream about not being able to partake in the ship's onboard activities and feel that I've wasted my whole cruise trying to figure out what to do.

Some major anxiety dreams for me. :)

And, yes, I think the best therapy is to go to rccl.com. :)

Have a great cruise... I just have to remember to get the drink of the day!

D :)

I have a recurring dream that I wake up late, nothing is packed and I'm running around like a nut. Now in real life that would never happen. I could leave tomorrow and be ready in 15 minutes because most of my cruise things are together in a "cruise" closet. I also just had a dream that we got to our room and there were actually 3 rooms together with a common living room area, and in the one room was my sis and her hubby, in the middle room was some strange man, and my hubby and I were in the other room. We didn't want this man in the middle room!!! It was weird.

I have dreamed that I've gotten all the way to my cabin before I realized I forgot to pack and bring my suitcase. At least in this dream I'm wearing clothes unlike other non-cruising dreams I've had. :o

In real life I DID forget my passport. I was walking in the front door and handed the women 2 passports, my daughters...and my daughter's old one. I turned right around and we all went back home to get the passport. That WAS a nightmare only I was awake. ughhhh....

So I'm not the only one who has these cruise nightmares, eh? Let's see....in these dreams I have forgotten documents, tickets, luggage, shoes, my travel companion, etc. It never fails. I've cruised about 11 times and every single time I've booked a cruise, I start having those freaky nightmares. If I book about a year in advance, the start right after I first book. They continue off and on for a couple of weeks then usually stop but they start up again when the sailing date gets closer. The worst one's are when hubby has to run back to the car for our luggage that we somehow forgot. I'm onboard waiting for him and the luggage and all of a sudden notice I am sailing away. There I am onboard watching him running in the parking lot with luggage in had trying to catch up like it's a bus he's trying to catch :o .

I dreamt once that DH, Mum and I were onboard and couldnt find my dad. Next thing the ship has sailed. Suddenly I see dad walking on water (he loved that bit when I told him:rolleyes: )....to catch the ship. The ship stops, opens one of the doors and he gets on.

We go to find my mum in her cabin and when we open the door I see that their cabin is about 6 decks high with floor to ceiling bookshelves. Mum is up a ladder chosing a book for her holiday....

I think I need help.........hope there are no psychologists on this board!!!!:rolleyes:

I have these "nightmares" a few months before I cruise - every time. Drives me crazy! Usually one night I will have forgotten all my nice clothes and end up having to eat at the buffett every night. It rotates with the dream that I didn't get to do or see anything I wanted and the trip is over. So you are definitely not alone! My mom has these crazy dreams too.

haha

It is comforting to know I am not alone in my bizarre dreams pre cruise!! I think the thing I am most "Stressed" about post-dream is "how could we forget to make a reservation at Portofino?"

So yeah, that is the first thing we'll do when we board next Sunday!!

Keep sharing you dreams...these are great.

I especially like the one where the husband wants to file a complaint!

Archived