Jewelry bargin hunters!

Nitra

OMG this site is going to be addicting. I went to some of the better stuff and it is up like 20 min. When it gets down to the last few seconds the bids go insane, if someone bids within the last 15 seconds it kicks it back up to 15 again.

hehehe... I know! I had to close it before I went nuts. I bid on a few things but then they got out of my range. I finally shut the window... I can see now that site is going to be very tempting!

I got it in an email from another thing I belong to called Mypoints. You get points for just visiting websites, shopping online etc, and then can redeem them for gift certificates etc.

I got 5 points for visiting that site and get 10 points for every dollar spent.

Yes it goes on like that constantly. I have to watch out cause it gets down to those last few seconds and you just keep clicking more and more.. LOL it is rather fun.

No it is a retail site basically. I just won a necklace and ring I believe.. LOL It showed I won but then it is not in my items.. gonna give it a few more and see. Spent a whopping 25 dollars total!!!

You do really need to know your prices, I can even see some of the crappy stuff from my computer monitor...LOL. But they do have some cute CZ and silver stuff.

I starting looking around the site and they do have different vendors.

Their "compare at" prices are too funny.

Thanks for my newest addiction :D

Interesting site, but the "compare at" prices are too funny, as lovemythreeguys said :eek: !

I saw a Murano necklace very similar to one I bought onboard Sun Princess for $20.00. The "compare at" price was $249.00!

If you find something you love, that's great :) , but don't expect it to appraise for the "compare at" price!

I dont know about that, I joined mypoints years ago. It used to be a lot better. I used to get some jewelry from ice.com and other things, now it is mostly just gift cards for various stores. I get the Linens n things one usually. I get lots of free stuff from them.. LOL I bet I have spent about 300 dollars there in gift cards I got from mypoints. You can earn points shopping at avon.com, lancome.com, even ebay! I get points for almost everything I do.

You can go to mypoints.com and just sign up.

Okay I now have a necklace, 5 dollars

ring 19 dollars

earrings 12 dollars..

and oh crap.. I just found out I won another pair of earrings I didnt even remember bidding on! Sometimes I will bid and then go off and forget. LOL

I am done!!!! I cannot keep shopping!

The earrings

17.jpg

The necklace

21.jpg

The ring

45.jpg

Earrings.. didnt realize I won.. 14 dollars

98.jpg

I think I did okay, some of it not great bargins probably, but I am okay with what I paid for the items.

My husband is standing over my sholder while I write this as I just called him into the den to take a look at the beautiful new Diamond and blue sapphire ring he just purchased !!! I LOVE THIS SITE!! This does not mean that my husband loves that I found this site as I keep coming up with new ways to spend money. He says I better get off the site now, as I'm screwing him out of cruise money! p.s. Thanks again:D

just make sure to really look at those descriptions if you are considering a pricey piece of jewelry. All of the diamond stuff i looked at with larger stones were color enhanced and or lasered to remove flaws. both of which de-value those stones.

and the compare prices are the most ridiculous things i've ever seen, a 4.5 carat diamond that is color enhanced AND lasered, compare at over $170,000! LMAO:eek: and some poor schmuch bought it for about $14,000! wasn't worth half of that, and even less if you try to re-sell it!

Yea I noticed some of it went way up there. If you read the description then move to the bottom, it gives this disclaimer about how they come up with the compare at price.. LOL I am not buying anything pricey. I have bought 2 more necklaces but got them both for about 100 total. I bought them because I really liked them. I will not go over a certain price for anything. I am cheap.. LOL I like things that look nice but dang if I am paying thousands for something I cannot examine in person. Also you have to read the return policy on each item, especially if you are going to buy something for a higher price..

Is this site for real or is there a reserve price on the jewelry? I watched some rings go for a couple of hundred dollars and the list price was in the thousands. am I missing something about how this works. anyone try bidding yet?

You really do have to be realistic about this. I am sure that my 3 C sapphire and "diamond" ring, is not really worth the price of $499.00 as listed- but for the $37.00 that I won it for ,I'm quite happy with a new peice of bling that's not breaking the bank.:cool:

Archived