Does Carnival offer in-room coffeemakers?

JHCALLAHAN

We're sailing on the Conquest in Sept, and I gather that most if not all cruiselines prohibit bringing your own heat-producing appliances. My wife and I carry a little 5 cup maker with us 'bout everywhere so we can make coffee we like (STRONG!!) as soon as we crawl out bed in the mornings.

Does anyone know if Carnival has coffeemakers available for in-cabin use? Seems I've read that some ships do here on CC but don't know if the Conquest does. Worse comes to worse I guess I can call them and see.:p Thought some of you experience seadawgs might know. This will be our first cruise so I'm still learning.

Thanks in advance,

JHC

I don't think so....I mean, there's only one electrical outlet in the room anyway.

But Carnival has something even better than an in-room coffee maker -- free room service!!! It's sort of an out-room-delivered-to-your-door coffee maker!

But Carnival has something even better than an in-room coffee maker -- free room service!!! It's sort of an out-room-delivered-to-your-door coffee maker!

Yep, I ordered a pot of coffee every morning as soon as my feet hit the floor, and it was always delievered quickly ~ within about 10 minutes or so.

If you know what time you want to wake up, you can also hang the order card that you will find in your cabin on your doorknob outside your cabin door and order coffee and any other continental breakfast items you want. You pick a time for delivery and they will bring it within 15 minutes of that time.

DH & I have found morning room service with Carnival is among the fastest of the cruise lines we've found as long as we call down for the service prior to 7 or & 7:30 a.m. Have found service to come in as little as 5-10 minutes when we call early in the morning and as long as 1/2to one hour or so when we call after 7 a.m.

We never fill out a breakfast menu and hang it on our cabin door the night before because we'd rather sleep in when we want to and don't want anyone knocking on our door before we're ready to wake up for the day.

That's just us. Have talked to many others who use the morning breakfast door hang tags as their ``alarm clock for the day.''

Dianne

I thought I read a poster say that if the coffee pot has an automatic shut off, that it was OK to bring on board. I don't mind the coffee served on cruise ships and can usually wait until I go to breakfast but for some they have their own special blends and want it right away to take out on the balcony. You might check and see if Carnival allows this.

Carol

works, BUT the coffee is almost undrinkable. :eek: We always bring our own 4 cup coffee maker (w/ auto shut off), set it up the night before, and flip the switch on the way to the bathroom in the am. :D

works, BUT the coffee is almost undrinkable. :eek: We always bring our own 4 cup coffee maker (w/ auto shut off), set it up the night before, and flip the switch on the way to the bathroom in the am. :D
Do you sit that right next to the iron you bring.....????LOL:eek:

Although i would never bring a coffee maker on the ship, besides being a huge hassle, i am on vacation, why would i want to make coffee every morning just like i do when i'm at home. Room service is so much easier. My point is.....I don't think there is anything in the Carnival probitied items that states coffe makers are not allowed like is says with irons, I would think it would be a hazzard if the seas were rough, the maker could slide right off the desk and just like other appliances, if everyone had one going, there could be a problem.

Anyway, if anyone can find where it says they are not allowed, please post it so atleast everyone will know.

Didn't NCL used to have or still has Coffee makers in all the cabins?

Although i would never bring a coffee maker on the ship, besides being a huge hassle, i am on vacation, why would i want to make coffee every morning just like i do when i'm at home. Room service is so much easier. My point is.....I don't think there is anything in the Carnival probitied items that states coffe makers are not allowed like is says with irons, I would think it would be a hazzard if the seas were rough, the maker could slide right off the desk and just like other appliances, if everyone had one going, there could be a problem.

Anyway, if anyone can find where it says they are not allowed, please post it so atleast everyone will know.

Didn't NCL used to have or still has Coffee makers in all the cabins?

Well...I let my fingers do the walking...it's easy...all I had to do is press the buttons....LOL:p

http://carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/What_NOT_toPack.aspx

Nothing is mentioned about coffe makers...It is interesting what is though..............:eek:

I seem to be getting a not authorized to view this page notice....this sometimes happens with the Cruise Critic site....so do this...

http://www.carnival.com and go to FAQs. The go down to security and there are several things you can look at. It is quite obvious....

If you have a preference for a certain coffee, you could grind it before hand, bring it with you along with one of those french coffee things (can't remember what they are called, and I use one at work all the time!!), and request HOT water from room service. No fire hazard.

Don't forget to request any sugar/creamers that you might want.

Very true. But I can get coffee on the ship. I ain't leaving home without my curling iron!:p

HE HE HE :D

Actually I think it is funny what people will bring on board, ( booze, coolers, coffee makers, crock pots LMAO, kites, bikes etc. ) I mean to each his own, but I don't even want to lug my luggage on board, much less anything else. LOL

Thanks Jessemon!

I just went to Carnivals website and did as you suggested, and coffeemakers ARE NOT on their list of prohibited items! YEEEHAAAWW!! I think I'll try taking my little coffee maker. If they confiscate it I'll be out about 12 whole dollars:D .

I'm sure it seems silly to you non-coffee snobs, but we can be downright anal about our coffee.:o We like it about twice as strong as most folks, and most restaurant coffee we get ranges somewhere between barely tolerable to downright nasty!. It's extremely rare to get coffee we actually like, so we just make our own. I carry the little coffee pot on airlines and 'bout EVERYWHERE we go, cuz if I can't get a decent cup of joe in the morning it 'bout trashes the whole day! I got real tired of having to get dressed and go traipsing all over big Las Vegas hotels to get some coffee, paying thru the nose for it, then sometimes it's even INSTANT!!:eek: :eek: :mad: . So I'll just wag my little coffee pot around with me, thank you very much!

Thanks for the responses, and fair winds to all.

JHC

Archived