A few questions: Muzak free on QM2,

leica

Just hoping the QM2 does not have canned music in the public areas? Compared to QE2 which has less private balconies, do passengers on QM2 still frequent the open decks upon departure or do they stay on their private balconies...which removes some of the fun in my opinion.

My son was wondering if the pools are fresh water or salt?

Thanks in advance!

Frédéric

My son was wondering if the pools are fresh water or salt?

This is what Peter Moxom said in the Questions and Answers chapter of his book "Queen Elizabeth 2 - Driving the 'Hotel'":

Q. Could you please tell me; are the swimming pools fresh or salt water?

A. Salt Water Madam!

Q. No wonder they are so rough!

Frederic,

Canned music- Has been a complaint in the past. Sometimes really intrusive. Not sure if they have heard our complaints and turned the stuff down. Not really an issue at dinner, as they usually have someone live- harpist, chamber music group- playing from the second teir entrance to the restaurant. (Britannia- I can't speak for the grills)

Balconies/Sailaway.

I think most people feel as you do, that half the fun is being out in the public areas for sailaway. For the most part, they usually have something going on- a sailaway party- From New York in Jan it was freezing out and we were three hours late, but we had a Champagne Sailaway with dancing, live music and the Veuve Cliquot folks came up on 12 deck at the Pavillion pool, I think it's called. The one with the magrodome.

Um, Sept, it was raining foggy and cool- in the middle of a Nor'easter- so Marc and I were on our Balcony- primarily becasue we were running late trying to get our stuff unpacked and all. I had a suitcase come late due to the fact that I got upgraded at the pier and it went to my old cabin, plus we had a bunch of things we were doing- Big BIG cruise critic gathering, had to get papers together, find things, etc. I was so discombobulated! :o Most people were up topside, but even those on their balconies at sailaway are leaning out and greeting people on other balconies- It seems very common that people lean out to say hi to those around when you wouldn't think of being intrusive at other times. I think it's just understood that we are there sharing the sailaway! Of course being on the starboard, and it drizzloing rain leaving Brooklyn in Spet, I was trying to get video of the Statue of Liberty without ruining my camera.

Water in pools is salt water- Water in hot tubs is fresh. (chlorinated)

Hope that covers it all

I would say the vast majority of people are topside for sailaway, although the weather can affect that.

Karie,

who met our first cc:ers standing in freezing rain on the top deck,. overhearing a converstaion and saying, "Hey! Are you so-and-so"

Frederic,

Canned music- Has been a complaint in the past. Sometimes really intrusive. Not sure if they have heard our complaints and turned the stuff down.

:eek:

As far as sailaway is concerned, apart from the first time, and the most recent time, I've always been on the balcony for sailaway. Sharing a bottle of Perrier Jouet is very civilised!

Last time I decided to be on deck as my cabin was portside, and the fireworks were starboard.

Matthew

Archived