QM2 ~ advice please?

Melissa Roberts

Well, Hmm, Pay 500 bucks to go to a different cocktail party, I cannot conceive of how they could improve on the standard linens. They were simply incredbile. Unless they've taken them out and put sandpaper ones in the lower grades! <LOL>. Like I said, I would be willing to bet if you asked for a particular type of pillow, you would get it, the "luxurious" (standard terry cloth) bathrobe does not fit me, The Sparkling Wine- Hmph! Not even champagne? And I don't like the little mouse hole they shunt you off to for dining!

To me, other than the location of the cabin being amidships, and I actually LIKE having some motion, I cannot see paying the extra for this!

In fact, I have had glass balconies twice. I was scheduled to be in a hull hole last time but upgraded twice, including once at the pier when we checked in. The hull balconies are larger, and honestly, due to the weather, my balcony was all but unusable for most of our cruise and the chair cushions were soaked the whole time. The sheets and duvet, as I said before, were incredible! (and no, I don't sleep on burlap at home! <G>)

Now I am not criticizing anyone to whom this is a worthwhile expenditure. Each to his own! Some people get an inside because they only use the cabin for changing bathing and sleeping. We do love to spend time in the cabin. It's just that for me, the difference between the two is negligible, and I love the main part of the Britannia.

But I am curious as to exactly what the pillow offerings are- Anyone know?

Karie, whose inquiring mind wants to know!

Hi Karie & All,

After coming back on the QM2 last Wednesday I wish I could bring back information about the new concept of AA - Britannia Club. It was officially started as of our 4/10/2007 cruise if you all remember that was the date of it's inception.

As a CC'er on that cruise, we only had 1 couple, Bpos (Gordon & Diane) that were on our cruise that were upgraded to the AA Cat. All other CC'ers were at other parts of the ship. We met so many times but didn't ever thing about asking what their experiences of AA were like. I also must admit, that this was their first time cruising since 1969 on another ship and also with Cunard and QM2.

I know that I was sort of turned off seeing people walking all the way back to those Dining Rooms and us enjoying the vast beauity of the Britannia Dining Room. Yes, there are perks but we cruised in A2 without them and did fine. Also the freedom of the early dining time allowed us to enjoy the early evening activites (early show) and then plenty of time for all the other events that were held. The Brit Class would have gotten us to the Shows and Balls being held very late and all the seats taken up.

I think it is personal preference how you are going to use your time and what you wish to accomplish while onboard.

PS.... Our pillows were just fine.......

Archived