Vancouver Airport to Ship-no cruise transfers

jkgourmet

We are traveling on our own to Vancouver late at night for our HAL AK cruise the next day. It seems silly to go back to the airport from our hotel to pick up HAL transfers. But how much would a taxi cost us from an nearly airport hotel to the ship? In American or Candadian? And do the taxi's take American, or will I need to exchange some dollars. (This is getting darn complicated!)

Closer to $30.00 Canadian - if you use American dollars don't expect much in the way of exchange - current exchange rate is about 13% so consider the exchange the tip. Most cabbies will take Visa or Mastercard as well.

Have you thought of public transportation - if you are staying near the airport you are near a rapid bus 98B that will have you downtown and a block away from Canada Place in about 35 - 40 minutes. Cost will be between $2.25 and $4.00 CDN each - there is room for some luggage at the front of the bus and provided you aren't travelling at the height of the rush hour you shouldn't have a problem with your luggage.

You don't say how many in your party so i can't recommend which option might be best.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Dennis

Cheers

Dennis

thanks for the quick replies! There are two in our party - but neither of us enjoy the hassle of dragging luggage around on the bus, then a walk of a block or so. I don't know which port we are leaving from - does HAL leave from both?

Sometimes we've been able to rent a car at the airport and turn it in the next day at the pier. Enterprise has done this in a few places, I know. This has been great because it allowed us to shop a bit before getting on the ship, and considering the relatively high prices for wine on HAL, I'd be open to bringing our own - but obviously can't carry such on the plane. anyone know about the rental car opportunties?

HAL departs from Canada Place. The easiest it to take a taxi from the htoel to Canada Place. It shouldn't be more than $30CAD. If you don't have Canadian cash and are worried about getting a poor exchange rate you can also use a credit card. Just be sure to mention you are using a credit card before you get in the cab. The nice thing about taking a cab is you can just go whenever you are ready and don't have to wait for the HAL bus to fill up at the airport.

The easiest way to get down to Canada Place is by cab or Limo - around $30-35.00 Cdn. There are liquor stores on the way (down Granville St.) just ask the driver to stop and let you run in - that way you accomplish both things. Have a great time - Alaska is a great cruise.

Archived