Camera Bargains

TxG8r

I'm researching/pricing digital SLR's & outfits. I'll be in the USVI in June. Any suggestions/hints as to the better shops/dealers? Of course, ANY grey market items are out! Only US honored warranties will be accepted. Thanks in advance.

When I was there last I thought I might get a good deal on CF cards for mine, but there were no bargains to be had. Unless you're from Canada, the better prices do seem to be on the mainland U.S.

Dealers I've had success with and whose prices are reasonable are: BH Photovideo, Adorama, and NewEgg.

I know I'm not answering your question but I agree with the others, the best prices are online. And personally, I would not want to risk buying an expensive outfit such as a dSLR in the Caribbean. If you had to return it for any reason I would think it could potentially be a real hassle.

I buy my cameras from www.buy.com and www.beachcamera.com, both sister sites.

My Dh finds St Martin the best place to buy camera equiptment. I am not sure if your cruise goes there or not though. He buys from the place on Front St. across from the little white church. It is an authorized Nikon dealer he has checked that out. Because of duty etc it is cheaper for us then buying from the US and having it shipped.

Archived