Impressions Of Liberty in Southampton.

phbr

Now I've had a little while to reflect on a memorable one night stay on Liberty in Southampton, I hope the following will be of some help to those of you lucky enough to be booked on this superb vessel.

EMBARKATION.

This is probably irrelevant as we boarded in Southampton, with only carry on bags, and part of a group of some 1500 in the Travel Trade and media.

However, anyone going on Navigator from Southampton this year can look forward to a relatively hassle free embarkation. Facilities are good, newly built and there are loads of check in desks. The Independance will be based in Southampton immediately after its launch next year.

STATEROOMS.

we were allocated number 6604, midships, balcony stateroom. Very impressed with the green/white main coloyur scheme. Beds are incredibly comfortable, with rounded ends, so no ore sore shins. bathrooms a little on the compact side. Nice shower cubicle. Plenty of wardrobe space and a nice flat screen LCD tv. Table and chairs on the balconies, which have glass partitions which if all opened , mean you could walk nearly the length of the ship. Quite an unusal feature.

PUBLIC AREAS.

Lots of space as you can imagine. Impressive colour schemes. Art work a little weird for my tastes. see what you think. Lots of seating, entire layout very similar to Voyager class.

BARS.

Again, any amount of choice. We had a free bar set up, so they were VERY busy all night. Viking Crowne nice and peaceful with good jazz bands. Did,t really get to any of the other. The disco is the quaintly named 'Catacombs'

RESTAURANTS.

Spread over 3 floors, the Rembrant, Michaelangelo and Botticelli are well laid out, again like the Voyager class. we had a really impressive dinner in Michaelangelos last night, as the first people to eat on the ship. Staff are mainly veterans of other RCI ships. Windjammer for lunch was excellent with a wider range of food than usual, and a section called 'Jade' for a more Chinese influence.

I'll deal with the Pool, Theatre , Spa, Kids facilities etc later.

Finally got back from Southampton.

Liberty of the Seas was FANTASTIC :) :)

The fireworks were excellent, the food was excellent and the ground breaking get together was really good too.

I was in a balcony stateroom on deck 6 - I thought the shower room was really spacious I liked the shower cabinet rather than a shower curtain.

Do not miss the ice show absolutely amazing jumps and flips - some things you will not have seen on Dancing on Ice (Itv1 UK braodcaster)

The main show Ever after....simply one of the best Royal Caribbean productions shows I have seen.

If you would like any more info....please get in touch.

Archived