Worried Husband

Sophie

We will be buying cruise insurance when we make our final payment in a few weeks. Does anyone have insurance that covers acts of terrorism? I'm not necessarily talking about something happening to the ship, but what if something happens here in this country that effects a family member, our home, or our livelihood? My husband has been thinking about this ever since the new terror alerts were on the news last week saying it could happen sometime before election day. He's not usually such a worrier but I told him I would post the question for him. Thanks. 4_6_200v.gif

Sophie, I actually had no idea so I pulled out our insurance for our next cruise. Our TA got it for us through Global Alert. Coverage A under "Any Other Circumstances" provides up to $25,000 coverage for a change in travel plans due to a terrorist act in your departure city which occurs within 30 days of your planned departure date.

Interestingly enough, when reading the exclusions (things it doesn't cover) I came across these:

pregnancy; suicide; parasailing; bungee cord jumping; hang gliding; mountain climbing; loss or damage caused by detention, confiscation or destruction by customs; being under the influence of drugs (unprescribed) or alcohol; or nuclear reaction. There were more, but you get the idea.

Thanks for your answer, hstrybuf. Sounds like your insurance does cover an act of terroism pretty well. I had no idea there were so many things not covered, a lot of them fall under irresponsible behavior, though. I'll call our TA on monday and ask about the policy he plans to offer us. Hopefully it will cover at least as well as yours does. 4_1_4.gif

Thanks for your answer, hstrybuf. Sounds like your insurance does cover an act of terroism pretty well. I had no idea there were so many things not covered, a lot of them fall under irresponsible behavior, though. I'll call our TA on monday and ask about the policy he plans to offer us. Hopefully it will cover at least as well as yours does. 4_1_4.gif

Sophie, there is a web site called insuremytrip.com that lets you compare travel insurance policies. There are links that explain the different types of coverage, including terrorism in an intinerary city. You might find it helpful.

Happy cruising,

Susan

Archived