Our first July sailing, weather and kids question

Glama

Hubby and I are sailing on the Fascination in July, just a quick cruise that we are squeezing in. We've never sailed during the summer months. I'm wondering if the heat is atrocious? We've sailed in September and it's been pretty dang hot, is July alot different?

We like kids, have two of our own little angels (yah, right), but they won't be on this sailing with us. I know that there will probably be alot more children than we are used to, but in others experience, was the ship "overrun" with kids, like I've been hearing about spring break? I'm thinking of calling my TA to see if she can find out how many kids are booked. Not that we'll do anything with that info, except make more plans to hang out on the funnel deck.

I think I read that the Fascination now has mini golf of the funnel deck? There goes our "adults only" plan... lol. Really, we love kids, but since ours won't be with us we were hoping just a teensie bit to at least have the adult only area. I'm sure we can find a quiet place, though!!

We're spending the day at the beach in Playa Del Carmen, not too worried about the heat there, we can swim and chill. Key West might be more difficult, not too many places to cool off there.

We're from NY, we aren't used to the heat. :p

Yes, I'm sure it will be very hot, I would never go anymore south from where I live in the summer unless I was not able to drive or have access to an ocean! Granted I live in a beautiful area and able to walk to a beach that is very remote.

I wouldn't worry to much about kids being on board.

The heat was a factor when we were trying to decide which type of vacation to take. We looked at everything, AI's, Vegas, the East shore, but for the price, we chose cruising. I'm not a fan of unbearable heat, but we are excited to go away "just the two of us", and we'll work around the heat. We'll actually be in KW in May, too, so if it's ungodly hot, we can always just stay on the ship and swim, or hole up in our air conditioned cabin. ;)

Archived