Noble Caledonia - MS Johann Strauss

Kindlychap

Those thinking of booking through this company should be warned that the administration is appalling.

My mother and I have booked for "The Music of Vienna and Budapest" leaving on 5th May 2007. The three musical highlights were to have been a performance of The Marriage of Figaro at the Budapest State Opera, The Magic Flute at the Wiener Volksoper and the opportunity to see Tosca at the Wiener Staatsoper. Both the Figaro and the Tosca have been cancelled, with the reason that tickets are not on sale to the public.

Interesting to note then, that I have managed to buy tickets for each on line.....

What is more the case is that they left it too late to buy tickets, and the performances had sold to such a degree that they could not get sufficient. A rather different version of events.

I'm trying to be positive about it, so as not to spoil the trip, but it really is not what one would expect. Cruising - even river cruising - always has the risk of losing ports because of weather etc., but this is just poor organisation.

Matthew

Archived