Shopping in San Francisco

Rossi

We have a day in SF on our way north (RCI repositioning cruise). Love SF and have been to most of the regular tourist places several times in the past so figure to make this day mostly about shopping. Avoiding the big chain stores, can anyone recommend a shopping district where a taxi could drop us and we could spend 3-4 hours?

what kind of shopping ? theres union square.. it has macys, and nordstrom and some other stores, i know you said no chain stores.. but thats all i can think of,,

also theres chinatown ....

what kind of things are you looking for ?

melissa

Post and Stockton it is - sounds like the ticket. I should have specified - perfume, linens, art, collectables, and of course clothing. We're looking for something different for 2 wedding gifts, 2 silver anniversary gifts, new baby gift, and couple of birthdays for hard to buy for people. Not sure what it is until we see it! Thanks again.

For perfume, certainly Macy's & Nordstroms have huge collections. for art there are several galleries on Geary just opposite and past Union square. Lots of small upper level shops on Post St & the giants (Macy's & Norstroms) nearby. You might also check out the Galleria between Post & Sutter. bring lots & lots of plastic ($$$$), lol. Have a great time. If you have time for lunch the Garden Court at the Sheraton on Market is nearby & great.

Archived