ENCHANTMENT vs EXPLORER OPIONIONS PLEASE

Hi Everyone! My husband and I recently took our first cruise on the Enchantment (April 14-19) and I am now addicted to this site. Found it when we got back and have spent every spare moment reading posts. You are all wonderful. I was wondering if those that have done both could compare the ships.

Also anyone in mid 20's to mid 30's would love to get to know you. Or anyone from the east coast of any age (we don't discriminate...lol)We cruised by ourselves and next time we are looking forward to the meet and mingle. I am 29 and hubby is 31.

Thanks to all that respond:) :) :)

Jenn

Hi Everyone! My husband and I recently took our first cruise on the Enchantment (April 14-19) and I am now addicted to this site. Found it when we got back and have spent every spare moment reading posts. You are all wonderful. I was wondering if those that have done both could compare the ships.

Also anyone in mid 20's to mid 30's would love to get to know you. Or anyone from the east coast of any age (we don't discriminate...lol)We cruised by ourselves and next time we are looking forward to the meet and mingle. I am 29 and hubby is 31.

Thanks to all that respond:) :) :)

Jenn

Hello Jenn and WELCOME to CC

My name is Ron. My GF and I live in Charleston, SC. I am 35 and she is 41. We are booked on the Mariner of The Seas December 16-23. You should join our group! We are a blast...and a little unstable.:eek: We are also looking into the Explorer of The Seas 12 day out of NJ for next November. Hope you enjoy the site and again WELCOME!!:D

We went on the Enchantment a few years ago and it was a lovely ship. Then we went on the Explorer last year and WOW!! It was awesome!! Lots more to do. It is a fantastic ship. I would go on the Enchantment again, no problem because that was a nice ship too, but Explorer was just great!

Infact, we are looking into going to Bermuda on the Explorer again.

One ship I will NEVER go on again... Sovereign of the Seas. (Just my opinion.) :o

Empress 5/02

Enchantment 4/04

Sovereign 4/05

Explorer 6/06

Hey Jenn, i too have sailed on both, they are both wonderful ships but you really can't compare them. The Enchantment is smaller and doesn't have as much of the WOW factor the Explorer does for sure. As you can see by my countdown clocks i'm booked on 2 upcoming Explorer cruises, she has a lot to offer. More things to do and see for sure. There's nothing wrong with the Enchantment it's just very different. For a young couple such as yourselves take a cruise on one of the larger ships to get a taste, you'll be hooked. And it looks like you probably live close enough to Bayonne to avoid having to fly anywhere, another bonus!;)

There is definitely more to do on the Voyager class, and more going on at night, because there are more venues, bars, etc. But, the layout of the Voyager class is...perplexing. They definitely aren't as bright as Enchantment. I would strongly urge anyone sailing a Voyager class ship to book a cabin in the middle of the ship somewhere, because far aft or forward cabins force a GREAT DEAL of walking on you.

I have sailed both, but as you can see by future cruises, I am an Explorer groupie. I think it is impossible to compare the two as they are too different. And, it depends on what you are looking for. Two ends of the spectrum I think. Personally, the Enchantment wasn't for me, though I have nothing negative to say. If you actually have a choice on which to go on...hands down, you will LOVE the Explorer!!:D

Hello Jenn and WELCOME to CC

My name is Ron. My GF and I live in Charleston, SC. I am 35 and she is 41. We are booked on the Mariner of The Seas December 16-23. You should join our group! We are a blast...and a little unstable.:eek: We are also looking into the Explorer of The Seas 12 day out of NJ for next November. Hope you enjoy the site and again WELCOME!!:D

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the the response and I will check out the Mariner soon I am sure. We are looking at the 5 night out of NJ on Explorer because it fits best into my DH work schedule :confused:. We are limited and will not find out what dates he gets until November. It is killing me. But I will deal.

i will check out your group and who knows maybe we will sail together at some point :)

Jenn

Hey Jenn, i too have sailed on both, they are both wonderful ships but you really can't compare them. The Enchantment is smaller and doesn't have as much of the WOW factor the Explorer does for sure. As you can see by my countdown clocks i'm booked on 2 upcoming Explorer cruises, she has a lot to offer. More things to do and see for sure. There's nothing wrong with the Enchantment it's just very different. For a young couple such as yourselves take a cruise on one of the larger ships to get a taste, you'll be hooked. And it looks like you probably live close enough to Bayonne to avoid having to fly anywhere, another bonus!;)

The Explorer will have me double wowing I am sure because to tell you the truth I was blown away by the Enchantment. She was beautiful, clean, the staff and crew were so friendly, the food was wonderful, and we always had something to do! This was my first so I guess it is easy to be blown away. Now I guess I get to be blown away again. I am lucky! Oh and about the walking...I ate so much and I lost two pounds on my cruise...maybe I can hope for 4 on the Explorer:D I could use it! By the sounds of it I can look forward to a few cruises on her and it is only a two hour drive to the port.:) I guess I picked a good time to find out about cruising:o

Thanks to all for your insight :o)

Maybe I won't be so sea sick on the bigger boat...just another plus

Archived