What do you get at the Lido?

twoliter

After all this Reuben talk, I got curious about what other sandwiches or whatever people get from the Lido. I've only been to whatever RCCL's version of the Lido is once and just got a burger. (I'm assuming the Lido is where these Reubens came from.) I didn't realize that you could order different sandwiches like this.

So basically, what type sandwiches do they have / what do you eat?

The deli has ham, turkey, roast beef, tuna, salads, rueben and more.

Also on the Lido you can get burgers, hotdogs, pizza, some ships also have fish N chips, soft servie ice cream, chinese food, sushi (not on lido)

and of course the buffet area.

I'm sure others will think of more to add to the Lido food list.

Suntan......

LOL...and a bucket of beer!:D

OP -- i love the deli. there's always at least one point in the cruise that i just feel like having a sandwich after all of that heavy stuff. love the yummy tukey on a country roll w/ cheddar; and the roastbeef, cheddar, onion, mayo on baguette (sp?). a lot of people rave about the hot pastrami and cornbeef sands. they even have a pastrami/cornbeef combo.

Ok, I had a feeling that the Lido might have been separate from the deli. Being that I've never cruised Carnival, do all Carnival ships have a deli (the Holiday in particular)?

but the deli is on lido, as is the buffet, taste of nations foods of the day, pizzeria (where you can get caesar salad and calzones), the ice cream and frozen yogurt machines, and the grills. so, you weren't that far off. i haven't been on holiday class, so i can't answer that sorry. it is the smallest class of ship. i don't know what kind of space they have for these amenities. hope someone can answer. else, a search of the boards might help.

I am looking forward the most to the stir fry station on the Liberty.

Most ships have a buffet--and on the sides of the buffet is the deli and the other side is a chinese place. (neither of which i see listed on the deck plans of the Holiday)

Most ships have a buffet--and on the sides of the buffet is the deli and the other side is a chinese place. (neither of which i see listed on the deck plans of the Holiday)

I was at the mongolean grill (stir fry station) on the Liberty every day!

It was wonderful to say the least.

I don't usually eat hot dogs, but for some reason I LOVE Carnival's hot dogs. I cover it in chili and cheese, throw some fries on the side, cover them with chili too, yum. Well, yum for about 1/2 hour, then I think "WHY did I just eat that!?". Great cure for a hangover, though!! :)

I'm the only one I know that likes the goat cheese and mushroom pizza.

Carnival Spirit .... Lido Deck

There are numerous food stations rather than just one buffet area. Here are some of the stations:

Pizza, caesar salad, calzones.

Salad bar, sliced deli meat and cheese.

Chinese

Desserts

Fresh fruit

Soft serve ice cream in 2 to 4 areas

Coffee bar (speciality coffees) - extra charge

Deli/Panini grill - Ruebens, Roast Beef, Turkey, ham.

(they have a list of sandwiches available - roast beef on a roll was our favorite)

Italian/American

Hamburger/hot dogs/fries out by the pool.

Drink areas - water, lemonade, tea, iced tea, coffee

Hope I remembered it all.

I was at the mongolean grill (stir fry station) on the Liberty every day!

It was wonderful to say the least.

now can you tell me if its opened only during lunch time.. and does the Liberty have a chinese "store" too.

Ya know I was on this ship last february and damned if can remember.

I do know the fry station was my ultimate favorite place.

me too!!!!!

Aren't they awesome!! The ruebens are great too. Just don't tell my wife I said that, she owns a sandwich shop down here.:eek: i told her to get a sandwich press/grill.:cool:

I don't usually eat hot dogs, but for some reason I LOVE Carnival's hot dogs. I cover it in chili and cheese, throw some fries on the side, cover them with chili too, yum. Well, yum for about 1/2 hour, then I think "WHY did I just eat that!?". Great cure for a hangover, though!! :)

Well Glama, my DH and I love the de chevre pizza so there are two more of us out there.

We came home from our last cruise and were looking at goat cheese at the store and thought, for a brief moment, that we would try our hand at making de chevre at home....NOT. It just would not be the same.

So, given that we like the same pizza...I will have to try a hot dog on my next cruise. All though I won't have a hang over, I'll let you know how I like it.:p

I'm so glad others like that pizza too, everytime I eat it my friends and family turn their noses up, they don't know what they are missing. :p

There is really nothing quite like lido deck food at around 3:00 in the afternoon, after a long day in port, at the beach, hiking, etc... Followed by a soft serve ice cream, it's one of my favorite meals on the ship!

I'm so glad others like that pizza too, everytime I eat it my friends and family turn their noses up, :p

I used to really like the Carnival pizza but my last cruise on the Valor, it tasted different, like they had added more proccessed cheese or something, i hope they just ran out of something at had to substitute.

But the goat cheese pizza still tasted the same and was good.

Our first trip to the lido buffet includes a stop at the salad bar.

We have two choosy kids at home that don't like all the fun stuff you can put on a salad.

It really is a treat to get a salad loaded with toppings!!

Usually that salad comes with pizza for DH and pastrami on rye for myself.

Yummmmm!

Payd:)

Nope, count me in...the De Chevre pizza rocks!! and on my next cruise, one of my "to dos" is to order the whole pizza at 3 am and take it back to my room@!:D

The deli will also custom make sandwiches that aren't on the posted menu.

Does that mean that a girl can get a turkey club?

If I can get a turkey club and 24/7 pizza, I will be the happiest cruiser EVER!!! :D

Archived