Trunk Bay

Boatingmom

Ferry to Red hook- taxi to trunk Bay -and returning. How much time should I alot for this do it yourself trip?? How much beach time will we have. What time should we be leaving to get back id the ship leaves at 5:00pm? Also whats the fares andd admission prices. Are there floats, food umbrellas or anything :rolleyes: or anything like that at Trunk Bay??

The ferries leave from both directions on the hour......so the latest ferry you would have to take back would be the 3PM ferry from St John to Red Hook. The ferries never leave early and can be 5-8 minutes late. It is a 20 minute car/taxi ride from trunk bay to Cruz Bay ferry dock..... I would be getting in a cab at trunk bay no later then 2:30...

It is a half hour drive (or less) from Red Hook back to cruise ship dock at Havensight. If your cruise ship is anchored in harbour then it is a longer ride back to the tenders in town.

The ferry is a 20 minute ride in either direction. Taxi's are available on either end.:)

Ferry is $3/person each way........trunk bay is $4/person.. There are food concessions, snorkle rental..... Floats....maybe........umbrellas..I think not.....

I never go to Trunk Bay.....I go to Cinnamin Bay instead. (one bay past trunk bay).....same amenities.....no cover charge.......less people......better snorkling..

I cannot help you with taxi fare.

I guess we'll set off early and plan on leaving the beach around 2:00. That should give us enough time (I hope):D

You can also try to catch the ferry that takes you right into downtown on the way back. It is $7. We do it this way. It is nice boatride back.

Archived