Can I get a SENSATION-al tip for the Bahamas?

Tenga1899

Hey, earlier there was someone who posted on here because the port-o-call board was going slow. SAME PROBLEM HERE!!! LOL.

Ive had 2 posts up now for a while asking if there is any good snorkeling in the Bahamas FROM the beaches in FP or Nassau. I'm traveling with a group of stubborn people, myself included:p , that I'm having trouble getting them to commit to one of Carnival's excursions. If we end up deciding to try and get into an excursion on board and they are booked up, can we see anything exciting just swimming out a bit from the beach??

Thanks gals and guys...

Snorkleing in Nassau you'll have to take an excursion out away from the Island. (as most of the reefs there are dead)

Definitely read up on the Bahamas board.

You'll get extremely detailed answers about which snorkleing excursions are best.

Bill

Hey, earlier there was someone who posted on here because the port-o-call board was going slow. SAME PROBLEM HERE!!! LOL.

Ive had 2 posts up now for a while asking if there is any good snorkeling in the Bahamas FROM the beaches in FP or Nassau. I'm traveling with a group of stubborn people, myself included:p , that I'm having trouble getting them to commit to one of Carnival's excursions. If we end up deciding to try and get into an excursion on board and they are booked up, can we see anything exciting just swimming out a bit from the beach??

Thanks gals and guys...

Hi I was surfing the Bahamas section and this lady had some awesome pictures from her trip (Freeport). They hired a driver for the day and she took 12 of them to a national park and then they walked over a path and they were on this awesome beach. You may want to go back and look at it. I will be there in Oct. so I am looking for ideas. :D Hope this helps a little.

I think...not positive...but I think you need to book an excursion to snorkle. I was hoping to snorkel..even brought my own stuff but didn't want to do an organized snorkleing thing---I was hoping there would be some beachy-type areas near the ports--BUT--NOPE! There were no beaches in walking distance--I suppose we could have paid a taxi to take us to a beach but we decided on a walking tour instead--I hope this helps...

Archived