escargot

IflyWithDi

Well, escargot are not on Princess's new menus. You can still special order them from the Head Waiter. They were very good. I had them two nights.

I hope all the other lines keep them. Someone posted that they are on Celebrity's always available menu. That would be great, much better than someof the shrimp cocktails I've seen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
If you like escargot, you don't have to wait for a cruise. It's easy to make.

2 cans escargot; there are 12 in a can. (Any supermarket will have them)

1 cup mirepoix (1/2 cup onions; 1/4 cups each of chopped carrots and celery; 1 bay leaf)

2-3 cups of red wine

1 teaspoon black peppercorns

2 sticks unsalted butter at room temperature

1/4 cup chopped garlic

1/4 cup chopped parsley

Crusty bread

Preheat over to 400. Rinse and drain escargot. In a saucepan combine red wine, mirepoix and peppercorns over medium heat. Poach escargot in batches of 4 for 15 - 20 seconds. Set aside.

In a bowl, combine butter, garlic, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.

Place escargot in an escargot mold (if you don't have the molds use ramikins) and top each escargot with 2 heaping teaspoons of the butter mixture. Put the molds on a baking sheet and place in oven for 6-10 minutes until the bubbly. Serve with crusty bread. serves 4.

CTMak

If you need a twist to make escargot more appealing to your palate, try topping the above recipe with a nice grated cheddar after the butter has melted.

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone gonna eat escargot on their curise?

Always! It's one of my required food items. Just like Eggs Benedict, Chilled Strawberry Soup, French Onion Soup and LOBSTER. Gotta have 'em! I would never eat them until a friend was on a cruise and she ordered them. She gave me one and ORDERED me to try it. I did and ate the rest of hers and ordered another one fior myself!!

• 2 years later...

Archived