Ecstasy-Only Thread! Ask questions and post info. here!

pbeachbum

Thanks - my questions aren't specifically about the balconies. Things like do you still have 2 cards, one for the door and a separate sail and sign... Is the safe still a keypad or does it use a card? Questions like that.

Iv never had two cards on Ecstasy, how long ago was this? I was last on in January. I was on Ecstasy more than a year previously and again only had one card, that opened my door and was my S&S.

I kinda like the keypad type safe where I can put in the number I want, so I dont care if they change that out or not.

Early in this thread (2007) people were posting that they had 2 cards. I never saw any posts were that had changed, but I admit I skimmed. I hope they leave the keypads. That sounds easier to me than me and my husband having to share a card to open the safe.

My daughter and I were booked in an OV room, and she couldn't stand it that Ecstasy was getting balconies and we didn't have one, and booked one of the new balconies. Right now you can only book guarantee so we are keeping our fingers crossed. We will be on the second sailing after dry dock, so hope all the post dry dock kinks are worked out by then :)

Are you going to be on the 10-31-09 cruise? We are and can't wait.....

Sharon

I have sailed on the Conquest twice and really enjoyed the fact that the rooms had fridges. Kinda sucks that the Ecstasy doesn't have them. I even heard where even after the dry dock, they won't either. I like this little feature.

We sail on the 31st, anyone else?

Does anyone have any updates on the propulsion problems? Are they fixed or an ongoing problem? We are taking our first Carnival cruise on 8/8 and can't wait! Just worried that we might be boarding or coming back late--some in group have places to be the day we come back to Galveston...

I am also interested if Ecstasy is still having the propulsion problems. The last time we were on her we had to spend the first night of our cruise in Galveston. We lost a port on that cruise. So ,if anyone has been on her lately with some new information I would really appreciate you sharing it wih me. We are scheduled to be on her Aug. 17th sailing! Thanks! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Really?? Im on Ecstasy 1/23/10 and no price drop. :( boo hoo hoo. I got the one $10 price drop a couple months back, but nothing since then.

Did you check today ? I am sure all the prices for Jan has gone down but i could be wrong:) This is our third price drop which come to 80$ per person.

Did you check today ? I am sure all the prices for Jan has gone down but i could be wrong:) This is our third price drop which come to 80$ per person.

Cent,

We're like you - $80 less than when booked. I just got confirmation of my ES adjustment. My PVP has indicated she expects further drops too. I would love it. Of course, with the price now, I sure can't complain. The other ones for January seem to go up and down $10 but no real drops like ours.:D

I just checked. My price is still the same. Im still hoping for a price drop. Prices dropped lately for my Dec cruise .... so maybe they will work on January pricing next?

Hi Lanie & Bill,

Figured out this morning that I could go ahead and book 2 OV's and then upgrade when I had more money. Should have thought of that earlier. DH, DS, DS's caregiver, and I will all be sailing with you on the 31st of October. Looking foward to the meet and greet. Will you be doing the costume thing for the 31st? Carnival tells me they always have something on board.

Does anyone know if the Ecstasy has the DOD card?

Also, is the formal night the 2nd night on the 5 nighter?

Thanks,

they had the dod card available on our last cruise, and yes the elegant night is the second night of the five day cruise

Archived