my thoughts keep drifting.... and I have over a year to go!!!!!

martek

Ugh, I have over a year until our next booked cruise and I am so obsessed with this site and anything to do with cruising. How will I ever get thru the year??? I keep checking for better itinieraries and prices, I keep changing my mind over big versus little ship, one port over another port, inside versus outside, UGH!!!!!!!! We booked a 5 day on the Celebration and now I am wondering if I should book the Liberty out of Ft. Lauderdale, any thoughts. We are on a budget but can go $100 more pp if needed. I am also watching prices of airfare to various ports. Will there be more cruises available the closer we get to May of 08 to choose from. Is it easy if I decide to change to just cancel and rebook with Carnival. Will my PVP find me a better price than I found myself? As I said, you can see I am a bit of a cruise fanatic at the moment with no end in site!!!!

Thanks for any and all comments

Mary

Have you thought of booking with one of the group cruises on this board? It is a lot of fun to pass the time with a group of people who are going on the same cruise as you.

Why don't you join us in March for the VIP II Cruise?

Diane

Hi, just my 2 cents.....I am sure the Celebration is a wonderful ship, I have never sailed on her. But if it were a matter of $100 I would switch to the Liberty in a heart beat. She is a beautiful ship with great ammenities. -Tamara

I know how you feel! I booked our Dec. 2007 cruise a year out. I'm still reading and learning and OBSESSING! :) However, just make sure you don't OVERREAD. You'll work yourself into a tizzy before you even get half way there!

Don't read a lot of the reviews....most of them will probably just freak you out. I know they did for me! Also remember that this board is only a small percentage of actual cruisers. The "bad" things you hear aren't always the rule!

Myself, I've used my waiting time spent on CC to pick up some great packing tips, shore excursion advice, and product and clothing chat. I got a great tip on purchasing snorkel gear (Thanks again, Ventureman!!), I've found some great places to shop for cruise attire (thanks to the ladies on the Fashion board)....I've been having a blast!!

Also, make sure you go to the Roll Call boards and join your sail date's Roll Call! You'll meet a lot of fun people there.

I am reallly leaning towards the Liberty, but would be an inside instead of oceanview and also different port. I am trying to talk sis into doing the 6 day but unless they list another 6 day in May 2008 we cant' do the May, 04,08 due to neice graduating. I am just hoping I have more of a selection as the date gets closer. As of now it seems only the Celebration fits with the date and $. I have sailed the fascination and Celebrity Century and am a little afraid to go any smaller. I like the idea of a bigger ship and don't want to dissapoint us. As you can see, I am just getting bogged down in cruise info. Anyone know how easy it is to switch cruises if I would decide down the road that I found a better one? I would only be looking at Carnival.:rolleyes:

I have cruised on Celebration and loved it all the ports are great, Nassau and Key West....or at least I really like them.:D

Small ship, everyone is so friendly, you see the same people all the time which makes for a friendier atmosphere.

I am going to book Celebration again soon, just not sure when.

Kim

Archived