All Things Mariner Of The Seas

This is myself, my husband and my now 17 year old sons first cruise, he wanted this for his graduation trip, (he graduates 5-2009) we are going on the western carribean cruise, he will turn 18 in jamaica. any advise would be appreciated. this cruise was advised by our travel agent as the best one for his age group. he is into sports.

we plan on doing not much in labadee, doing the white water tubing in georgtown, shipwreck snorkle in ocho rios, and shop, shop, shop in cozumel.

where is the best place for original mexican food in cozumel, and where is the best place to shop also, mostly for trinkets to take back to the girls i work with as souviners.

thanks,

aerogirl

denise@livehauntings.com

What's the best time of day to go to Johnny Rockets on the Mariner? I don't want to wait in line for too long.

Hi LG_CruiseDiva! We're on that sailing too. :) Come and join our roll call: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=712569

We look forward to meeting you! As far as Johnny Rockets goes, the best time for me was when everyone else was still on the excursions. On my last cruise I was on and off the ship checking email w/the office (I know ...bad thing). Anyway, their hours are shortened on those days, but they usually open back up before most passengers return for the day. Not sure if this helps or not.

I think I have signed us up for the meet and mingle already. I am still getting used to the boards...:)

What's the best time of day to go to Johnny Rockets on the Mariner? I don't want to wait in line for too long.

Hi LG_CruiseDiva! We're on that sailing too. :) Come and join our roll call: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=712569

We look forward to meeting you! As far as Johnny Rockets goes, the best time for me was when everyone else was still on the excursions. On my last cruise I was on and off the ship checking email w/the office (I know ...bad thing). Anyway, their hours are shortened on those days, but they usually open back up before most passengers return for the day. Not sure if this helps or not.

I think I have signed us up for the meet and mingle already. I am still getting used to the boards...:)

Can't Wait To See All The Info On This Thread, I'm Going On The Mariner Of The Sea's In 2 Month's 8/24/08! Glad To Hear This Is A Wonderful Cruise Ship As This Is My First Cruise. I'm Going With A Big Group And Looking Forward To It. Is There A Lot Of Things To Buy On Ship, Jewelry (sterling Silver) Suvinear's.

Also Do They Offer Scrapbooking Classes, I Heard From Someone They Did But That Was Last Year And I Don't Know If They Do This Year. Did You Have Any Special Night's Like "caribbean Night"

That You Needed Special Cloth's For? I Heard On Cruise Ships They Have Special Themed Nights And I Want To Know Ahead Of Time So I Can Buy The Outfit's Before I Get On Ship.

Thanks,

Annmarieamb123

Yup, that's the one! A nice getaway before Christmas. I'm looking forward to getting away from the snow.

Yeah, we were going to do that trip, even booked it, but decided to do an Eastern Caribbean this time so we went a week earlier. Have a good cruise both of you.

We are sailing in a few weeks to western carribean. We want to eat in dining room on formal nights but some of us don't have really dressy clothes. Do the guys HAVE to wear a jacket? Can my daughter (16) wear nice slacks?

Thanks for all the postings. I really enjoy reading them!

We are sailing in a few weeks to western carribean. We want to eat in dining room on formal nights but some of us don't have really dressy clothes. Do the guys HAVE to wear a jacket? Can my daughter (16) wear nice slacks?

Hey has your daughter been to any proms or formal banquets at school. That attire would work. We are cruising on July 27 and my daughter 19 will be wearing this years prom dress on one night and last years dress on the other. Hope that helps.

Hello. I am a board newbie, apologies if I should be asking this question elsewhere. We are about to book the Nov 30th sailing on the Mariner. "We" are two couples and one dear friend. Right now we're holding staterooms 2552 & 2554 which are adjoining oceanview cabins. From what I can tell/what our TA is telling us one room has a pullman bed--does this come out of the wall or how does that work? Just not sure how to describe this to our buddy who has never been on a cruise.

This is my second cruise, ever--the first was on the Sovereign last October, which I LOVED. We were on deck 8 or 9 I think so my only experience is being higher up in the ship. Frankly I am not planning to be in the cabin much...but still--can someone humor me and tell me whether we'll feel less fabulous being in a lower deck? This sailing looks very booked up so there is not much available that is in our price-range yet ocean view.

xenadanielle, don't sweat the small stuff. Any deck is a good deck as long as you're cruising. The lower you are, the less rocking you'll feel. We did a really bad transatlantic and people would have killed for our deck 2 cabin. We chose low and midship for just that reason. While others were falling out of bed we just got rocked gently to sleep. Just have a great time, and on the Mariner that is assured

xenadanielle, don't sweat the small stuff. Any deck is a good deck as long as you're cruising. The lower you are, the less rocking you'll feel. We did a really bad transatlantic and people would have killed for our deck 2 cabin. We chose low and midship for just that reason. While others were falling out of bed we just got rocked gently to sleep. Just have a great time, and on the Mariner that is assured

Thank you beej for the quick answer, that is really all I needed to know along with the reassurance LOL.

We are having a pre-booking pow-wow this evening and I wanted to be a little better-informed for our friend who has sooo many questions. :D

I am getting really psyched for this cruise even if it's a few months away!

Hey foxxy, you should come over to the roll call boards. There is an awesome group going on this cruise. We are all having a blast getting to know eachother!!

Archived