"Next cruise" program for US citizens only

While on the Jewel, I booked two of the "Next Cruises". For those who are not aware of this program, you pay $100 per person non refundable deposit for a non specified future cruise. The booking is good for three years and the onboard credit provided depends on the length of the cruise eventually selected.

On the last evening of the cruise, I received a letter from the Future Cruise/Loyalty ambassador that said:

"We regret to inform you that at this time, unfortunately, the NextCruise program is only available to US citizens. For now it is only a test program.

Hopefully in the future you and more guests from different countries will have access to this program.

Sorry for any inconvenience. Your reservation numbers have been automatically cancelled."

I am from Canada and I was on a back to back cruise. The reservations were made during the first cruise and I received this letter on the last evening of the second twelve day cruise. By then, it was too late to book a future cruise as the desk was closed and I can now not get an on board credit for a future cruise. I do not know if they will refund the deposits as they are "non refundable".

I will, of course be contacting Royal Caribbean on my return to Canada but wanted to make CC members aware of this.

andrew

I was unaware of that stipulation.........thanks for letting us know........too bad they waited until the end of the second cruise to let you know.

Isn't Canada part of the US? Maybe it should be...seems a waste to have a border between countries that have been such good friends for such a long period of time and have so much in common!:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

I received the following response from the Crown and Anchor Rep:

"Thank you for your e-mail. At the time you made the Next Cruise booking onboard, it was not available in Canadian dollars, so if you booked in US dollars, it would have been okay. They may have been some confusion regarding that and that is why your bookings cancelled. We will be able to either reinstate your bookings if you would like to book in US dollars, or create a new Next Cruise booking for you in Canadian dollars. Please call our

office at 1-800-526-9723 and any agent will be able to make the necessary

adjustment to your Next Cruise bookings. We regret any inconvenience

this may have caused."

andrew

While on the Jewel, I booked two of the "Next Cruises". For those who are not aware of this program, you pay $100 per person non refundable deposit for a non specified future cruise. The booking is good for three years and the onboard credit provided depends on the length of the cruise eventually selected.

From http://www.RCCL.com

(simply do a search on the string nextcruise)

Enhancements to Future Booking Onboard Program

For the cruise line's loyal cruisers, Royal Caribbean has devised the NextCruise option to ease the planning of a guest's next cruise. The new program allows vacationers enjoying a Royal Caribbean cruise to book their next cruise vacation without having to commit to a specific date or itinerary. By paying a nominal, non-refundable deposit, guests are eligible to receive an onboard credit to use on their next cruise. Royal Caribbean will notify the guest's travel agent when a NextCruise booking has been made and once the guest has decided on a sail date and ship, they can work with their preferred travel partner to process the booking. Deposits have no expiration and travel agents will receive full commission and revenue credit for the reservation.

An additional enhancement to the future booking onboard program enables guests booking a future cruise while onboard a ship to retain their onboard credit for their next cruise vacation even if their travel agent applies their FIT reservation toward a group booking. Travel agents will be able to apply relevant group amenities to these guests.

Isn't Canada part of the US? Maybe it should be...seems a waste to have a border between countries that have been such good friends for such a long period of time and have so much in common!:cool:

Now if Quebec ever decides to split from Canada Canada USA would be a strong possibility. The provinces left over would at least consider asking for US statehood. Rather interesting that future cruise program is for US only. I think Canada should be included in a Future cruise North America package.

"Thank you for your e-mail. At the time you made the Next Cruise booking onboard, it was not available in Canadian dollars, so if you booked in US dollars, it would have been okay. They may have been some confusion regarding that and that is why your bookings cancelled. We will be able to either reinstate your bookings if you would like to book in US dollars, or create a new Next Cruise booking for you in Canadian dollars. Please call our

this may have caused."

andrew

:) That response sounds a whole lot better. Seems like they just haven't worked all the bugs out yet. Let us know how you make out when you call and try to get everything rebooked.

Sorry Chubbas..we here in the UK cannot use this option.:(

Oh poops XX Was hoping to book the next one on board and have something to start looking forward to again X Never mind, I'll book it sooner rather than later then XX

Thanks

Chubbas XX

On the last evening of the cruise, I received a letter from the Future Cruise/Loyalty ambassador that said:

"We regret to inform you that at this time, unfortunately, the NextCruise program is only available to US citizens. For now it is only a test program.

Hopefully in the future you and more guests from different countries will have access to this program.

Sorry for any inconvenience. Your reservation numbers have been automatically cancelled."

I am from Canada and I was on a back to back cruise. The reservations were made during the first cruise and I received this letter on the last evening of the second twelve day cruise. By then, it was too late to book a future cruise as the desk was closed and I can now not get an on board credit for a future cruise. I do not know if they will refund the deposits as they are "non refundable".

I will, of course be contacting Royal Caribbean on my return to Canada but wanted to make CC members aware of this.

andrew

We were on the same cruise and the same thing happened to us. We are also canadians. They did refund our deposit but not the same amount. We lost about 15.00 since the currency exchange rate was different that day. We were very unhappy with Solidad the Loyalty Ambassador. It took 3 appointments to see her. Everytime we went for our appointment she wan't there.

Chubbas.:D ..you can still book your next cruise while onboard the Navigator....just not under the "Next Cruise" option.

Actually UK cruisers dont have to pay a deposit when they make a booking onboard....you pay it when you get home..normally you will be allowed 3 weeks to pay your deposit....and you will still get onboard credit for your new booking.:D

The Loyalty Ambassador will be aware the different way bookings work for UK cruisers.

this may have caused."

andrew

Hi Andrew,

I'm glad to hear that there is a way around this. One question though- when you booked, did you specify that you WANTED to pay in Cdn. dollars?

This is one of my few beefs with RCI. We like to pay both our cruise (which is not a problem- booking with RCI directly gets charged in $US) and ship account with American funds, as the exchange rate is better. We always indicate that we want to pay our onboard account in US dollars when we board but it usually takes a couple of trips to Guest Relations before they actually make the switch.

So I'm curious if with the Next Cruise program if they just assumed that you wanted to pay in Canadian funds or if you had a choice. The email makes it sound like it is now possible to do both.

Cheers,

That would be the day that I attach the hose to the tailpipe of my car in the garage and go for a long nap. I kind of like the fact that the border is there.

I could go for living in Florida or somewhere equally warm (though I am partial to Florida, love it!) So, who wants to help me get my green card :p

Hi Andrew,

I'm glad to hear that there is a way around this. One question though- when you booked, did you specify that you WANTED to pay in Cdn. dollars?

This is one of my few beefs with RCI. We like to pay both our cruise (which is not a problem- booking with RCI directly gets charged in $US) and ship account with American funds, as the exchange rate is better. We always indicate that we want to pay our onboard account in US dollars when we board but it usually takes a couple of trips to Guest Relations before they actually make the switch.

So I'm curious if with the Next Cruise program if they just assumed that you wanted to pay in Canadian funds or if you had a choice. The email makes it sound like it is now possible to do both.

Cheers,

I booked four actual cruises with Solidad (the Future Cruise Consultant on Jewel) and each one was done with US dollars deposit. The two nextcruise bookings were also done in US dollars. I prefer to pay in US dollars as the exchange rate is usually in my favour. Also do my seapass in US dollars.

I think I have enough future cruises booked at the moment so will probably hold off reinstating the nextcruises.

I would like to say that Solidad was excellent and she was incredibly helpful. I know that others had difficulty getting a reservation to see her but that was not her fault. RCL should have had more staff to help her.

andrew

this may have caused."

andrew

We did book in US dollars and it was still cancelled.Thats why there was a price difference when it was charged to our credit card. We called and had it re-installed.

I can't seem to find any more info on the "nextcruise" program -

What kind of shipboard credit does it offer? If anyone has a link with more info I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

If you want some on board credit and you cannot use the Next Cruise option, you can always book with a US travel agent who should be able to offer some credits. I did for my next cruise and got a credit of $125

For those who are not aware of this program, you pay $100 per person non refundable deposit for a non specified future cruise. The booking is good for three years and the onboard credit provided depends on the length of the cruise eventually selected.

Sounds like on board credit is offered to me - this program sounds very similar to the Princess FCC program - Deposits are $100 pp and you receive shipboard credit based on what kind of cabin you choose and the length of your cruise.

Chubbas :D

Dont forget you could also qualify for the £200 Early Booking discount if you book another Med/Europe cruise before 31st July if you book with RCCI UK or a UK TA.

So by booking onboard the Navigator you would get Onboard Credit and then if you pay deposit before end of July you could also get the £200 discount.:D but not if you use a US TA.

Chubbas :D

Dont forget you could also qualify for the £200 Early Booking discount if you book another Med/Europe cruise before 31st July if you book with RCCI UK or a UK TA.

So by booking onboard the Navigator you would get Onboard Credit and then if you pay deposit before end of July you could also get the £200 discount.:D but not if you use a US TA.

Wow thanks Liz, so I book onboard and i would then get OBC. If I pay my deposit either direct to RCCL or a UK TA, I would get another £200.00 off for early booking discount..WOW. Would i also qualify for any C&A benefits after the first cruise that can be applied to the booking? I sound greedy now eh LOL

Chubbas XX

Chubbas no you are not greedy it is what we get as loyal to royal cruisers :D

When you have done your first cruise you will then become a C&A member Gold member and therefore if there are any coupons in the C&A magazine for your cruise you can have them credited to your cruise price :D

When you go to book our next cruise with the LA you can sign up for C&A at the same time.:D

My apologies to the OP for going off topic a bit :o

Chubbas no you are not greedy it is what we get as loyal to royal cruisers :D

When you have done your first cruise you will then become a C&A member Gold member and therefore if there are any coupons in the C&A magazine for your cruise you can have them credited to your cruise price :D

When you go to book our next cruise with the LA you can sign up for C&A at the same time.:D

My apologies to the OP for going off topic a bit :o

Thanks for all the info Liz and thanks and sorry OP, just made me interested in how all this works...Forgive me Im a very excited newbie XX

Chubbas

Sounds like on board credit is offered to me - this program sounds very similar to the Princess FCC program - Deposits are $100 pp and you receive shipboard credit based on what kind of cabin you choose and the length of your cruise.

I found the answer in the mail today - we received our crown and anchor society booklet - This program it the same as Princess. I thought it was nice to see that they also offer this " You can also get two additional staterooms for friends and family so they can enjoy the same great onboard credits if they sail on the same ship and sail date with you"

Its doesn't say what the shipboard credit is based on cabin/and length of trip...anyone know that info? Thanks

Archived