Boarding Time - Tahitian Princess

ldparker

Princess official boarding time for the TP is 1:00 PM. Can anyone tell be if earlier boarding is possible, say around 11:00 AM. Is there a place on the dock where you can at least store your bags in the morning, before boarding?

Thanks, David

The Tahitian Princess check-in consists of a couple of tables under an awning on the dock beside the ship. Luggage is stored under a portable canopy or tent. There is some security but nothing fancy. There is no ship terminal that you might be used to in busy ports. Departure is quite a casual affair since no one on the ship is in a rush to catch flights and many hang around for the day. Same with embarkation. There is no rush to get on the ship so if you can find some place to go that day like a day room, or extend your day at a hotel, do so. We checked in at 3 pm and it took about 3 minutes. I would not want to get there to have to line up to check in, particularly if it is very hot or raining. There is little protection from the elements.

Last time we boarded we arrived around 11.15am just when the buses had arrived. I am going to arrive a little later this time around 12 noon to avoid the crush as there is really nowhere to stand out in the sun.

The luggage is in a tent like structure but we do have to line up to go on board out in the open.

Jennie

Jim,

I am sure it is an option though I know that we want to off load our carry on luggage before going over to that crowded market.

It is only over the road from the ship, about 100 metres and as we have all afternoon to spend time there, I want to have some lunch and settle into our cabin. Last time we went around 2.30pm and it was still busy.

I want to go over and buy a floral arrangement for our cabin. They last about 10 days if you pick the right type of blooms. We also want to find a wine shop and buy a few bottles for our cabin.

Jennie

Anything else you I can help with let me know.

Another question about embarkation - It says embarkation is from 1pm-4pm, but can your embark after 4pm? Thanks.

From what I remember they were still doing embarkation much after we had our dinner out at the Roulettes. Most arriving flights don't even come in until after 10 pm, that is why you don't leave until the next day. It was the most laid back embarkation/debarkation we have ever experienced. It sounded chaotic to me until I was actually there, and then I was so very pleasantly surprised. Your luggage does all go under a tent along with the debarking pax, but they have a system and security. It just worked. It was so nice.

Thanks for all your responses and advice.

I am used to travelling on much larger ships and the embarkation can be wild with up to 3,000 people all wanting to get on the ship over a few hour period. I keep forgetting, there are less than 700 passengers, and they will mostly be arriving on late flights.

David

Archived