Creating a wardrobe from a few pieces

If you go to Simplicity.com and then do a pattern Search, type in pattern #4241 and then click on view to see a larger view of the pattern. I know most of you do not sew, but this is just to give you an idea how you can mix and match different pieces to create more looks on your cruise. You will probably be more casual. I'm just suggesting you see this pattern to help you put together outfits. The less pieces you take, but the most you can do with those you take will benefit you.

For night I packed full outfits, I put them together and put them on a hanger, the day wear, I have 3 capris and then tops to work with. I spill too much and also after wearing something for several hours or being in the club at night in it, I really dont want to wear it again..

I used to sew but it got cheaper to buy stuff and definately less time consuming.. I have some great fabric in the closet I am trying to decide what I want make it into. Every now and then the bug will bite and sometimes I just run across some fabric I love so will be several yards and put up. I figure if I get 5 or 6 yards I am pretty safe for just about anything..

Great idea for anyone who loves to sew.

I retired my sewing machine years ago. Not only can I find clothing that doesn't break the budget without hours of labor, but I cannot find fabrics locally that I care for. My two sisters sew, one of them could be a tailor, the other one quilts and I have no interest in it. They drive a good distance to fabric stores that carry better quality fabrics than the stuff you find at places like JoAnnes or Leah's.

But I sure do admire those that have the fortitude to sew clothing themselves. My daughter and I stop by some of the really pricey dresses in Nordstrom, not the evening gowns, but pretty little dresses she could wear to school. Most of them start at around $300 and go all the way up to $500 for little cotton dresses. I turn them inside out and know I can sew just as well. If only I had the desire :rolleyes:

I am glad this helped any of you who were looking towards putting together pieces that fit. I can hardly sew at all anymore. I've made at least 10 baby quilts, 2 prom gowns and a graduation dress. I've also sewed myself into getting carpal tunnel, had surgery and didn't stop. Now I'm diagnosed with tendinitis in both hands. I know what you mean about JoAnn fabrics. We have one nearby, but I love going up to Lancaster to a Hancock Fabrics. Or I am very happy with fabric.com online. They are a good company to deal with. For those who don't sew, I thought if they saw this pattern it would give them ideas on how to mix and match.

Archived