Seven Mile Beach

Cruise Passenger

If I get off my ship and tell taxi driver to take me to seven mile beach, where is he going to take me? Do they get kickbacks to take you to a certain section? What should I tell them? It will be me,wife,8yr old daughter and 6yr. old son. We don't need alot of toys, just something to drink,snack and bathroom. Maybe a chair or two to rent.

We were there last November with friends. Just take a taxi/van which costs $4 per person and they will drop you off at any beach. We did Sea Grape but friends rode all the way down and walked back along various beaches before catching a taxi/van. There are hotels and bars along the beaches with amenities, you may have to rent chairs, however we found it wasn't necessary and just put our towels on the sand and stayed in the water bobbing around. When you are ready to leave, just walk out to the road and wait for a taxi. Please be aware that drivers wait until the vans are filled before leaving,so allow extra time. There is a thread that explains the bus system on GC. It seems to be cheaper and is probably faster than the taxis/vans. We will be there again in November and will try the bus system ourselves.

I agree with THERUDYS, find out where the bus is and take it for $2.50. We went to Cemetary Beach due to research for snorkeling on a reef. There is a reef there, but it is not very healthy. Nevertheless, the taxi's charge different fairs depending on how far they travel down 7 mile beach. The charges are anywhere from $4 to $6. Maybe more, but we only went as far as Cemetary. There were 4 of us and it cost $24.00 one way ($6 each). After we were finished at the beach, we walked across the street and waited approximately 2 minutes for a bus (van type) and were dropped off in town two blocks from our tender entrance for $2.50 each or $10.00 total for the return.

Take the bus, and don't bother going to Cemetary Beach. There is really nothing there. No food, drink or chairs.

One more suggestion - if you have the room in your luggage, go to the dollar store and buy a couple of Noodles (the kind you use in a pool to float on. Just curl it around the suit case and zip it up). The kids or you will enjoy just floating in that beautiful clear blue-green water. You might wonder what you are going to do with the noodle. Sometimes I leave it for the locals or I rinse it out on the ship, let it dry and bring it home.

Joanne

Archived