When to book at Portofino's??

I wonder if anyone can tell me which nights are listed as casual. We will be getting together with another couple and want to make reservations at Portofino's. But, we don't want to go on lobster night or formal night- I want to make these reservations as soon as we board so we can get a decent time. Thanks so much in advance.

whne you get on the ship go up to the portofino's area and they will be able to show you the menu's for each nite in the mian dinning room and what nites are listed as casual nites...then you can pick and choose...if you do it right away you should be able to pick and choose your nite and time...the later in the week you make the reservation the less you have to pick and choose...DO IT EARLY AS POSSIBLE...which ship aere you on...

I wonder if anyone can tell me which nights are listed as casual. We will be getting together with another couple and want to make reservations at Portofino's. But, we don't want to go on lobster night or formal night- I want to make these reservations as soon as we board so we can get a decent time. Thanks so much in advance.

When you get to your cabin, a copy of the daily Compass will be on your bed. On the back will be a listing of all of the highlights of the cruise, listed by day. It will tell you which nights are formal nights, theme nights, days for the ice shows (if you are on a Voyager of Freedom class ship), etc. Use that as your guide for determing when you want to dine in a specialty restaurant. Go to the specialty restaurant as soon as possible and make your reservation. Often, the restaurants will have copies of the daily menus. This will also help you to make your decision as to which evening to dine there.

We use this strategy on every cruise, and it has worked well for us. The cruise lines often change menu rotations around from cruise to cruise. So, the menu days on your cruise may be different from the previous cruise.

Thanks alot you guys, and BTW we will be on the Adventure OTS. I will just go ahead and make the reservations once we get there and can look to see exactly which nights are the casual ones and will work best for us. Thanks again, much appreciated!

Diva... Head right to Deck 5 on the Promenade on Sunday when you board. Portofino staff have a booth set up to make reservations right there. No need to go to the restaurant itself... have fun ! We enjoyed it very much earlier this month. We chose to do it on the 2nd day at sea. Say hi to "Deniz" if you have him as a waiter

Archived