Post Cruise Depression

mlpreston

How does one cope with PCD? I am still swaying constantly with the movement of the non-exsistent ocean, I get sad at dinner time when I realize *I* have cook. It feels a little wierd at home to start the morning off with a Fun ship special. I don't hear the reggae band playing while I sit in my backyard wondering why the grass can't magically turn into the Lido Deck. I was so sad the first night at home when I got to my cabin (err...bedroom!) that there was no capers, mints or towel animal.

Last night I got up to bed and lo and behold my DDH had made me a towel seal and left Carnival mints on my bed!! This is the happiest I've felt since I left the Fantasy. I have been parusing (sp?) the Carnival website since I got home for the next cruise, but that still wouldn't be sailing until next year!!!

How do you cope with the anxiety after the cruise is over?!?!?!?!

We usually book another cruise right away. However, this time we had extensive bathroom remodeling underway which ate into our savings account so a cruise is not to be as of yet.

I did tell my husband tonight that maybe I will just pretend to book a cruise and play a game with it.

It would make the boards more interesting.

As others have said - book the next one. However, I know that isn't always possible...back when I could cruise whenever I wanted, I didn't have $$$ for a deposit laying around. Now that we do have the $$ to book back to back to back to back cruises, we don't like to because we never know whether my husband is going to be deployed or reassigned to a different base. So we like to book them about 2 months in advance instead of several months in advance.

Haven't had PCD in over a year because it's been that long since I've cruised, but I do recall getting through it with lots of projects....sorting through pictures, writing trip reports, creating scrapbook pages, etc. Keep yourself busy and your PCD will lighten up before you know it. And if you have the means to, book another one right away! It'll give you something positive to focus on!

I too have PCD and have it badly.......I just returned from my first cruise with two girlfriends and (no husband or kids). I cried my last night.:o Got home to mounds of dishes, dirty clothes, whiny kids who apparently lived with NO RULES while mom was gone and all I could think of was, when am i going again????? Dont get me wrong, my kids and family are my life, but boy oh boy once a year with the girls and I have decided that cruising will be my freetime! I have been home a week and already looking into my next one, calling my friends and bugging them. Will go on my family vacation either before or after and then I and they will be happy!!

I keep laughing about all that happened and thinking about how relaxed I was and how much I will look forward to that feeling again. Thank god for this board to know others feel the same way!:D

I am with you on the cruising with girlfriends. That is my next goal with them. Most of my friends have never cruised, so I want them to try it with me. As for PCD, my DH did not believe me when I told him he would have it too, well we still say "7 weeks ago today we were setting sail for the Mexican Riviera" or " I wonder who is in our room? You know they are so happy to be there!", etc...Just remember the good times and plan for the next one, it can only get better!;)

This feeling is the worst! I agree with the OP; it helps to make a scrap book and write about the cruise...it seems to ease the pain!

I am famous for "...last week this time....two weeks ago today...etc"...

Well, you know you are not alone with the PCD:p

I can't shut up about it... All the time "This time last week..." and then I remember there's dishes to be done :(

I NEED to book another. I want to book 2 dozen, but I know I can't. But I still want to. Thank god for DH making me feel more like I'm in my cabin by turning down the bed each night and making me a towel seal (the only one he can make... :() I don't want to eat my mints because then they'll be gone.

I still have "Somewhere beyond the sea" as the ringtune on my cell phone. I get all excited whenever I hear it because I think of Carnival!!

I enjoy writing a review and posting it here and also sharing my pictures. Getting them all uploaded and reliving the cruise. This place helps me alot. Of course, 2 days after we returned from our cruise in January, I booked the next one. So that helped. It sure was fun researching and deciding. It is always great to put another countdown into your signature. Maybe you could throw yourself into some preliminary cruise research for your next vacation.

While I've been studying this disorder, I'm afraid there is NO CURE.

My recommendation is to:

1. Start planning your next cruise.
  2. Put extra money away in an "Cruise Savings" account or an envelope.
  3. Make each cruise better than the previous one.
  4. Check prices as often as you feel like it to get the best price you can.

Hi:

ust thought I would put in my 2 cents. I never get over PCD. But I can calm it down a little because I always take videos of my trips and plenty of pictures. I have videos of all the trips that I have ever went on, so, when it gets really bad, especially now when my trip is getting close (We leave in August on the Valor) I always find a video to get me through it, and then there is the boards.

Hope this helps:)

Archived