Mariner Boarding Question

DH and I are sitting here discussing the logisitics of boarding and returning rental car

SHould we go to the Hertz , and return our rental with luggage in tow - or is it worth it to drive to pier - drop luggage off and then 2 of us (there is 4 total) take rental car back and take Hertz's shuttle to pier -

I guess I'm looking for smoothest process - our children are 18/14 so we don't have little ones in tow

Thoughts???

THanks

Lil

PS I know we are getting close if DH is even thinking of this ........:p

Hey Lil - I've looked into renting a car and it seems most people dump their luggage and then return the car. We're going on the Mariner May 27th and several are renting cars and handling it like that. Hope that help :)

I have heard the line to drop off luggage can be long. So, it might take you longer to wait in the line, and then wait for the rest of your party to return after dropping off the rental car. Just a thought:rolleyes:

Arrive at the Port around 10:00 - 10:30, usually no line, drive thru and drop off luggage, take rental car back and arrive back at the port to board about 11:00

How hard is it to have your luggage in tow? Seems dropping the car off and letting Hertz ferry you to the port is the fastest way! Plan to drop the car at 10am, and be at port at 10:30! All done--no backtracking!

Agree.......and if my memory isn't fading.........the Hertz office is less than a couple of miles from the pier.........it won't take that long ........take the shuttle back.

I didn’t hit any lines at Port Canaveral so I would drop off my luggage first – it’s quick and easy from the highway. Then you can return the car and not have to lug anything with you back to the pier – just yourselves and any carry-ons you may have. That just seems like less of a hassle to me and I have always done it that way no matter what port I am at.

just went on the mariner.

rental car is a good choice.

the choice of luggage is up to you, if you know the port or are comfortable driving in traffic do it. if not you can keep your luggage with you. we rented a car and kept our luggage with us, it wasn't that big of a deal. next time we will drop off our luggage tho.

also luggage drop off CAN be long, since you are waiting along with the other private cars that are dropping off passengers or parking. the shuttles and busses get priority lane traffic at port canaveral.

big tip! IF you do drop off your luggage with your 18/14yr kids, tell them to wait for you at a predetermined spot OUTSIDE the terminal. they start checking for documents right at the door, and if you leave your docs with your kids and your kids go inside, you'll have no docs to prove you can enter the terminal/pre-screen security. i personally witnessed 3 guys in a row say 'my wife's inside and she's got all the docs!'

Archived