NCL Dine Ashore info?

keeponrolling

Hi David:

I'm sure you'll all have a great time on the QM2 -- I see Snorklin' Barb and her DH are also on that cruise! When are you going to Bermuda?

We're on the Majesty on 7/22 (for our 30th wedding anniversary :D ). We're considering booking the Noordam on 10/31 out of NYC. We really like the looks of this ship, small like the Spirit (which we absolutely loved), covered pool area so we can enjoy that space no matter what the weather is, nice sized cabins, not many restaurants to choose from like the bigger NCL ships, though; so far I've been pleased with answers I'm getting about this ship and HAL in general. They also provide motor coach service from our area, so no driving to the port!!

We wanted to sail the Gem on 2/6 but the prices are outrageous. Our other option is to hop on the Majesty's last sailing to Bermuda from Boston at the end of September, and do the Noordam in February. Prices on the Noordam are about the same for either sailing, and we'll get an aft veranda stateroom that we've always wanted to try! We're trying to talk some friends into joining us on the Noordam (really hate defecting from NCL, but the prices are driving us away), so hopefully we'll have a nice group!

We have friends leaving on the Majesty today; hopefully they'll have good news about the dining ashore program...:cool:

We will be sailing on the Majesty's last cruise to Bermuda on Sepember 30th. Having sailed on the Majesty to Bermuda for the last few years, it seems like it has almost become a tradition to us. It is amazing how many people consistantly go on the Majesty to Bermuda year after year. It is just such a great experience that you become spoiled. Next year the Dream will be doing that run and I am not sure how I feel about that. I would have unfair expectations for the Dream to live up to. I think if you have a time and can afford it, the last Bermuda voyage of the Majesty should be a fun and bittersweet experience.:)

We had lunch on the Noordam last Oct (with Snorklin'barb & Bob, actually) and she is a beautiful ship. Specialty restaurant had great food & service and the whole operation seems top-flight. We all agreed that sailing on her would be no hardship at all. (How's this for off-topic?)

We sail for Bermuda, I hope, Sept. 23. Please, please, please no hurricanes this year! Best, David

Macdays1, we must have seen the same post...hope it's true!

Each year we plan to go the Carriage House and something intervenes. Last year, the hurricane kept us at sea for our St. George day. This year...?

Best, David

We will be sailing on the Majesty's last cruise to Bermuda on Sepember 30th. Having sailed on the Majesty to Bermuda for the last few years, it seems like it has almost become a tradition to us. It is amazing how many people consistantly go on the Majesty to Bermuda year after year. It is just such a great experience that you become spoiled. Next year the Dream will be doing that run and I am not sure how I feel about that. I would have unfair expectations for the Dream to live up to. I think if you have a time and can afford it, the last Bermuda voyage of the Majesty should be a fun and bittersweet experience.:)

I would have loved to do that last sailing on the Majesty, but DH was itching to book the Noordam, so we can't possibly do both!!:eek: I'd have preferred booking the Noordam for February and doing the 9/30 Majesty cruise, but I got out-voted...

Archived