Too HOT?

I think all the islands in the Caribbean are hot in the summer. Supposedly, they stay about the same temperatures year round because of the breezes etc.

I have been to most of them in the summer and in the winter, and I don't notice any difference. They are all hot and humid. That doesn't mean they aren't great to visit though. I love going any time of the year. I especially love Aruba.

The islands visited in the Southern Caribbean usually include St Thomas & St Martin which are the same for the Eastern Carib. You just get to see more islands, which to me is great.

Whichever you choose, I am sure you will love the ship. We are especially fond of Mariner as you can see in my signature. The Eastern route is what we usually do too.

Katie

Is the southern route too hot in August? We are debating whether to do Mariner eastern or Adventure southern in August '08. If southern which route, Aruba or Barbados? Thanks for any opinions.

Hi again :) You live in Texas therefore it is never too hot to cruise!

Now, about the choice. The ships are nearly the same unless you know the crew or other quests. That brings us to the ports. Frankly Scarlet, it's just a choice. If you haven't been to either it really doesn't matter much. I would size them up by what they offer that I really want to do first. Since our very first cruise we have never planned a cruise like it will be our last. Think "Next Time!" and everything else will fall into place. That's my 2cents worth. You just can't do everything on ONE cruise.

:)

Is the southern route too hot in August? We are debating whether to do Mariner eastern or Adventure southern in August '08. If southern which route, Aruba or Barbados? Thanks for any opinions.

Yes, it is very hot. I come from South Florida so I am not adverse to the hot weather. Pack your lightest clothing and enjoy. Drink lots of water, wear lots of sunscreen. Wear flip flops around the pool because you can burn the bottom of your feet getting around. I avoid excursions that put me on a bus. Stick to water sports. Have fun!! No difference in my experience weather wise Aruba or Barbados.

Archived