London Transfer Help!

Helping my parents plan a Regent SS cruise this summer. They embark Sweden and Disembark Copenhagen. They are flying British Air and have to transfer bw Heathrow and Gatwick. We would prefer booking them a private car transfer (not tube or bus). We would like a service which helped them handle the luggage. She my mom) was arranging her details through AE but all prices quoted are around 500$ and I thought that sounded a little steep. I am probably wrong (as usual).

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

A private car transfer (Mercedes or similar) between Gatwick and Heathrow should cost approx. GBP 105 including waiting time. At current rate of exchange that would be about USD 210.

There are many such services in the UK, suggest you do a Search under "Airport Transfer Heathrow Gatwick" and review the listings....

Is there much difference between a private car service and a mini shuttle or a coach service as far as luggage is concerned ? I suppose you need to handle your luggage anyway until you are at the exit of the terminal building, but luggage will be on trolley. Immediate outside the terminal is the shuttle/coach station, perhaps the driver can help with the luggage. I could also be wrong, if the driver will not help. If you search for "transfer bus heathrow gatwick" you may also find some company to use.

As I remember, National Express buses are quite comfortable. But you have to schlepp your own luggage (and there are limits I believe.) So in the end, it's a matter of convenience.

You can try: http://www.portcullis-uk.com , run by Frank Gelder. We used him last year, and were very pleased.

We have used a company called Woodford for airport transportation in London as have clients of mine ( I am a TA). They are very competitively priced, prompt, and efficient and will handle luggage. In addition, they are very informative and friendly. The website is www.woodfordchauffeurcars.co.uk and the e-mail contact is cheryl@bcfinch.freeserve.co.uk. I posted this info back in March and, unfortunately, misspelled the website. I apologize if this caused anyone problems.

Archived