Kid's programs

We will be cruising with some friends next year. They will have an 8 year old boy & I will have a 9 year old boy. I see that the age groups are 6-8. Can anyone tell me how strict they are with that? I know they are going to be very disappointed if they can't be together in the clubs. :(

Part of the moving kids into other age groups will depend greatly on what ship you are sailing and frankly, when you are sailing.

If there are a lot of kids on board that week, the chances are pretty much slim to none. But when there aren't a lot of kids sailing, many times they will combine the two age groups anyways since their activities run pretty similar.

The only thing you can really do is speak to the staff when you get there. On the first night, the program doesn'topen till later, but the staff is in the AO area from like 1-4 so that you can register them for the program and take a peek at the facilities. I would go up and talk to them then and they will be able to answer best.

I notice you and I live int he same town. Hi there. Where in Williamsburg, which subdivision are you in? We have done many cruises with RCI and they will not move kids into another age group. This being said, the older can join the younger, which he may or may not want to do...and they make you pick a group and no going back and forth...who knows why.Now last time there were few kids in the 9-11 group and our daughter who was 11 at the time (12 in Dec) cruise was in oct, was told by the staff that she may be moved into the 12-15 if she wishes since she was mature and not many kids even 11 were in the 9-11 group. But she had meet a girl online through cc and got friendly with her and she was only 10, so she was not allowed to move. My daughter was told either one group or the other but no going from one to another. So she picked staying with the girl she had written to for months----but never going to the kids program. My email is Picard2117@cox.net if you wish to write .

I notice you and I live int he same town. Hi there. Where in Williamsburg, which subdivision are you in? We have done many cruises with RCI and they will not move kids into another age group. This being said, the older can join the younger, which he may or may not want to do...and they make you pick a group and no going back and forth...who knows why.Now last time there were few kids in the 9-11 group and our daughter who was 11 at the time (12 in Dec) cruise was in oct, was told by the staff that she may be moved into the 12-15 if she wishes since she was mature and not many kids even 11 were in the 9-11 group. But she had meet a girl online through cc and got friendly with her and she was only 10, so she was not allowed to move. My daughter was told either one group or the other but no going from one to another. So she picked staying with the girl she had written to for months----but never going to the kids program. My email is Picard2117@cox.net if you wish to write .

We live in Fox Ridge. Thanks for all the info. I really appreciate it. We are getting ready to book for Spring Break.

We live in Fox Ridge. Thanks for the info. We are getting ready to book for Spring Break next year.

Archived