Just back from the Coral/Panama cruise - any questions?

ISABELLA

We just came back from 10 Panama cruise - partial transit on Coral Princess.

We have done full transit before on X Summit. Loved the full trasit better, but if you want to experience Panama Canal without doing 14 days cruise, this is the one to take. Any questions? I would love to answer them if I can.

Keep cruisisng...........

i'm thinking of doing the full transit next year--probably february/march.

how oppressive was the humidity? i have asthma and have some problems in real hot & humid weather--i'm hoping that going early in the year will be better.

Hi,

We're taking the 10 day Panama Canal cruise on October 21st. Do you know anything about how the weather is that time of year? Also, we have a mini-suite on the Dolphin Deck (706) aft. Do you have any knowledge of those cabins? How the size of the balconies are, etc. We're experiences cruisers, however, on Celebrity. Never been on a Princess cruise before and have never had an aft cabin (only mid-ships). I understand the ship is beautiful and the Canal is a great cruise. Do you agree? Thanks for any info you have.

We are booked for April 15, next year...How was the weather ? Also is it worth taking a side tour of the locks, from what I read, I guess you can contract with a tour company while stopping in Panama to do this...Since you have been on both full and partial, is there a need to do this ? This will be my first time on Princess, any comparisons you can make to other cruise lines you have been on like Holland or Celebrity..Thanks..CALBOB

We just came back from 10 Panama cruise - partial transit on Coral Princess.

We have done full transit before on X Summit. Loved the full trasit better, but if you want to experience Panama Canal without doing 14 days cruise, this is the one to take. Any questions? I would love to answer them if I can.

Keep cruisisng...........

Hi Isabella! Lost your card with your names, but we were seated at a table near you on the Summit. (Remember the mailman?:eek: )

We are going on the Island Princess in Oct thru the Canal.

Are you still in RI?

Happy sailing!!!

Larry And Nancy

Hello everyone,

I will try to a short review in the next couple of days.

Larry & Nancy,

We are in MA, not RI and we were on Summit twice. Last one was full Panama transit from CA to Fl in December 2005. Which one you are referring to?

About the weather: we had light drizzle all day, going thru, but about 85 deg, very humid. Two years ago in December was about 95 and 85% humidity. Lots of sunblock. Panamanians said it rains often. I will write more tomorrow.

Kepp cruising.

Isabella -

What excursion did you do at the Canal, if any? My wife and I and 13/10yo sons will be doing this itinerary and are thinking of doing the trans-canal ferry tour. Did you do it or get any feedback from others? Or what about the train?

Also, did you do Princess or independent excursions in Costa Rica? or Cartegena? Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!!

Can't wait to see your review, we are doing the partial transit. I want to know everything. Also has Princess changed thier menu's yet I read they were changing all of the ships over to a new menu.:D

Hello everyone,

I will try to a short review in the next couple of days.

Larry & Nancy,

We are in MA, not RI and we were on Summit twice. Last one was full Panama transit from CA to Fl in December 2005. Which one you are referring to?

About the weather: we had light drizzle all day, going thru, but about 85 deg, very humid. Two years ago in December was about 95 and 85% humidity. Lots of sunblock. Panamanians said it rains often. I will write more tomorrow.

Kepp cruising.

Sorry I had the wrong isabella! We were with the other isabella on the Princess PC in 1999. Sorry to of bothered you!

I have CRS!

Archived