Pay to swim on NCL Star???

BLONDIE35

I had heard on another thread that you have to pay for the indoor pool on the Star, is this correct? we are going to Alaska this saturday so it will be too chilly to run up on deck in a swimsuit so if we want to swim, do we have to pay for it? this sounds too ridiculous to me but i know the cruise lines needs to charge for everything. thank!!!:confused: :(

NCL started to charge $15 a day per person for any usage of the spa indoor pool. Many of the spa customers who do pay were upset with many others who used this pool without paying. Too many were partying at the indoor pool making too much noise, and wouldn't allow spa customers to use it. That is now history.....

the indoor pool is a small lap pool in the spa. to use the spa area is a charge, unless getting a treatment. you can pay daily or weekly.

treadmills and such are not in this area and are free.

thanks, but I am still not happy about having to pay since the cruisers who go to the warm climates can swim for free in the outdoor pool. It seems that the cruise line sure likes to nickel and dime their customers!:(

and this was current for Alaska cruises? no mexican riviera?

:confused:

It is current. Keep in mind this is not a swiming pool but a small lap pool designed to be part of the SPA experience. You are not paying for the pool but rather for the use of the whole spa. It is an adult only area so would not help if you have kids and it was still free. The fee was put in place in part to keep the area quiet and uncrowded. They even restrick the number of passes they sell so it is not all about the $. :rolleyes:

they started charging before my trip last sept. people were crowding the private area of the spa and keeping the spa customers from being able to use what they had paid for. the lap pool is small (we looked).

when leaving seattle, people were in the bigger pools. the next day we had great weather, people were in the pools. in glacier bay this kid was having a great time with the pools and hot tubs..but he was the only one i saw.

if you get a spa treatment, they allow you to use the lap pool, whirlpools and such..don't know for how long. since you have to pass the spa desk, i can see them protecting the area for spa use.

as nice as the weather is in seattle right now, (50s - 60s) you could be using the big pools.

since the cruisers who go to the warm climates can swim for free in the outdoor pool.

They pay to swim at the indoor spa pool too. No different from you.

No one is stopping you from swimming at the outdoor pools for free :)

Hmm. On the Spirit in March, we used the lap pools twice and didn't pay. In fact, one time it was later in the evening and there were no towels, so I asked the attendant for towels and she got them for me.

There was a sign on the door, stating the opening hours and one-person-per-pool rule...no mention about paying a fee or having a spa pass.

thanks, but I am still not happy about having to pay since the cruisers who go to the warm climates can swim for free in the outdoor pool. It seems that the cruise line sure likes to nickel and dime their customers!:(

You can still go to the outdoor pool and swim for free. You are getting the same opportunity that everyone else gets.

thanks, but I am still not happy about having to pay since the cruisers who go to the warm climates can swim for free in the outdoor pool

But the bottom line is, they don't without incentive! Even though their is a very nice outdoor pool, some people would still choose to use the indoor pool if it was free simply because they think they are better than everyone else! So, NCL had to find a way to discourage them from using the indoor pool and so they set up a fee. Its amazing how many selfish people refuse to pay extra so problem solved and those who want the lap pool for the spa experience can do so without some yahoo's splashing about like it was a playground.

they started charging before my trip last sept. people were crowding the private area of the spa and keeping the spa customers from being able to use what they had paid for. the lap pool is small (we looked).

when leaving seattle, people were in the bigger pools. the next day we had great weather, people were in the pools. in glacier bay this kid was having a great time with the pools and hot tubs..but he was the only one i saw.

if you get a spa treatment, they allow you to use the lap pool, whirlpools and such..don't know for how long. since you have to pass the spa desk, i can see them protecting the area for spa use.

as nice as the weather is in seattle right now, (50s - 60s) you could be using the big pools.

Just got off the Star. When I was booking my spa treatment, I asked if I could use the lap pool anytime the day of my treatment. The answer was "no" only immediately after or before my treatment.

Many land-based spas charge extra to use their spa services, including the indoor pool (which in many cases includes water exercise classes). For instance, The Grand Hotel in Point Clear Alabama charges to use the indoor pool, which is inside of the spa.

Archived