One of RCCL's Mega Cruise ships to Port Canaveral?

Just found this on one of the port websites about future plans:

Future plans

The Canaveral Port Authority announced in 2006 several plans for the future

I recall reading that in the local newspaper (Melbourne, FL) sometime last fall. If I remember correctly, Port Canaveral is doing or has done some work to ensure that the channel from the Port is deep enough to allow for one of the larger ships. The rumour here is that Freedom will relocate to PC and Mariner to Miami - but that's just a rumour!

Just weeks ago there was note and news coverage from PC that until the government steps up and offers more assistance in the way of security as it does with other ports, they aren't even going to go there. Can't wait to see the whole out come. But as far as I am concerned, they can keep the Freedom class out of PC.

I heard that rumour last year shortly after our 9/3 Mariner cruise and I would absolutely hate to see that happen. Our favorite ship is the Mariner. One of the special things about it is that we DON'T have to go to Miami to catch the ship. If Mariner should be moved we probably would not sail on Freedom, just isn't worth the difference in price for a larger ship.

As much as I love RCCL, if this were to happen, I would consider moving to Tampa or Mobile, perhaps even in time New Orleans. If an RCCL ship was not available, I would switch to a different cruise line. Just don't want Miami or a larger ship.

Archived