? about luggage tags

Sandi149

We are staying in a midship cabin aboard the Miracle. I recieved my docs today with the luggage tags and they say Upper (Aft). Shouldn't it say Upper (Midship)? Will we have a problem with our luggage being delivered to the right cabin?

Thanks. :)

What is your room number...? Did it change from what you think you booked...?

Also, Just ask a Porter to look you up on the Manifest and verify you have the correct tags.

5204. The cabin number is on the documents.

We are on the Miracle on 5/11 and are sailing with a guaranteed room. Our docs have arrived but do not contain a specific cabin #. Any suggestions on what to fill @ the room # on the Carnvial tags or how to best handle this?

Thanks everyone.

We are on the Miracle on 5/11 and are sailing with a guaranteed room. Our docs have arrived but do not contain a specific cabin #. Any suggestions on what to fill @ the room # on the Carnvial tags or how to best handle this?

Thanks everyone.

If you have tags already, when you arrive at the port, have all your tags filled out except for the cabin number. The porters have a manifest with all passengers and their cabins, they can tell you right away what your cabin number is. You may need different tags when you get there, but if not, then filling them out ahead of time will save you loads of time at port.

I got my docs and it showed a cabin #. We had booked grt. so not sure if the number could change or if I can go ahead and fill it out on tags.

Thanks for your help in advance.

We are on the Inspiration May 07 and our luggage tags have Verandah. Our room is on the Empress deck.

I would check your reservation and make sure you haven't been upgraded. Verandah would be considered an upgrade from Empress:)

I got my docs and it showed a cabin #. We had booked grt. so not sure if the number could change or if I can go ahead and fill it out on tags.

More than likely that will be your cabin for the cruise. They can change it at the last minute, but usually once you've been assigned a cabin, it sticks. So fill out the tags, but check with the porter at the terminal to make sure you're still in that cabin when you sail:D

Tom/Pittsburgh, we were kind of in the same boat (hah, hah, lame cruise humor), because we had been upgraded to a different room and deck, but our tags were for the old deck. Someone on these boards suggested that I make up stickers ahead of time with all info except room number so we could just slap those on the new tags we would get from the porter. Ended up that the porter told us we only needed our room number on the new tags at that point, and he quickly wrote them with his own marker. We used the stickers when we put out our luggage at the end of the cruise.

We are on the Inspiration May 07 and our luggage tags have Verandah. Our room is on the Empress deck.

If you have a confirmed cabin number on the Empress deck, the odds are that it was just human error putting your package together. Check with your TA/Carnival to see if your booking has indeed been changed or if they can send you the correct tags.

Thanks for the reply crookedhalo. I have filled out the tags except for the room number and will ask the porter. You guys are the best for information.:)

Thanks everyone.

If you booked directly with Carnival you can call a couple days before sailing and sometimes they will have the cabin number to give you. If not booked with Carnival and used a TA have them call for you and check the status of your cabin. Have a great cruise!:)

Carnival sent us the wrong luggage tags. It wasn't until I went to fill them out that I noticed that they are for the wrong ship (the tags say "Pride" and we are sailing on the Imagination). Just to be sure, I compared them with others who are in our group - their's all say "Imagination". I called Carnival and they won't send me new tags, but told me NOT to put the tags on my luggage because that would create utter chaos at the port - understandly so. We are to wait until we get to the port and get new tags there and then fill them all out at the port. I was really hoping to not have to fill out a dozen tags for my family at the port. Thinking about printing out the info on sticky labels and just applying them when we get there and get our new tags. My concern now is that because we are flying, if our luggage is lost there will be no tags identifying the cruise line or ship. What do airlines/cruiselines do in the event of lost or delayed luggage for someone on a cruise? Is is sent to the next port of call or just sent back home?

Archived